Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sweet time in Gulf Shores

We had an awesome time in Gulf shores last weekend! Danny and I both agree that it was our funnest time at the beach thus far. It was relaxing and full of fun at the same time. Danny, the boys, and I went down on Friday morning.



We set up our camper at Island Retreat RV park then headed to the beach where Grandmama and Grandaddy, Beth and Beaux, Linda and Joe, and CJ and Warren were. We played there for a little bit and then we all headed to Lambert's (home of the throwed rolls) for supper.








After supper the boys went crab hunting with Aunt Beth and Uncle Beaux. Danny and I were pretty zonked.



We went back to our camper and hit the hay; For a short while, anyway. After I had been dozing for about an hour, I heard Josiah talking in his sleep. Then I heard him coughing and realized he was in his bed throwing up! I ran in and boy was there a mess. Danny helped me get it all cleaned up. Sometime around this point we heard a rainstorm come in. We knew the forecast had shown a tropical depression coming in, but we were praying it would go away! After getting Josiah cleaned up, Danny and I really prayed for Josiah to not be sick, and for the rain to stop. I was feeling like there was some kind of perpetual dark cloud hanging over any trip we take. (Yellowstone trip- vehicle broke down; One beach trip- freezing cold front came in; another beach trip- Danny and I both came down with a stomach virus while there; CO ski trip-hit a blizzard and got stranded) We laid back down to sleep, and about another hr passed. Then Danny's phone rang. It was my mom. It was 12:30am. This could not be good.



My mom had come down to see us on Thursday before we left, and had stayed at our house while we were gone, to go watch my cousin's graduation. Her voice sounded frantic on the other end. "Calley! Your not going to believe this! I got back from graduation and all of the cows were in your front yard in your flower beds! What do I do?!"


I surely don't know what to tell her. Danny and I were in Gulf shores. Mrs. Betty and Mr. Paul were in Gulf Shores. The only people back home were her, and Susannah and Vershal, who never deal with the cows. Oh no. What do we do?


For the next hour or more we coached my mom through how to catch the cows up. It was very interesting to say the least. At one point, some of the cows had run off and she had no idea where they were. That was about the time the battery on her cell phone went dead. It was a long 30 mins as danny and I waited to hear how she, now with the help of Susannah and Vershal, were fairing. Phew. The cows finally were caught up. We got about 3 1/2 hrs of sleep.


The next morning, we woke up to light rain. We decided to go on and get ready for the beach. We headed out, and by the time we got there, it had nearly cleared! The rest of the day was beautiful! We played and enjoyed the sunshine and waves all day long.













The next day was even prettier. The waves were the perfect size for the kids. After a long relaxing day at the beach, we all went and ate some delicious pizza, hit a souvineer shop, and headed to a little fun park. Danny and Beth did that huge skycoaster thing. That was so cool- and scary! Josiah and Isaac got to ride go-carts. We were really exhausted at the end of that day.

We slept in as late as we could, and then packed up and hit the hwy. We had a great time, and I was so grateful that there wasn't a perpetual dark cloud hanging over our trips after all! :>) hehe I am only kidding- but I give God the praise for allowing us to have such an incredible time.






















5 comments:

Cristi said...

I was so excited to see another post from you! Wow Did you notice that in that first picture of Isaac that both of his feet are off the ground??? You can see the reflection of his feet in the wet sand too. Cool! Also I LOVE the expression on Amaus' face in the last one. Glad yall had a great trip.

Penny said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Your camper looks great--- I might would enjoy camping if I could go in style (and A/C) and NOT in a tent. lol
I'm with Cristi-- loving the "old man" faces Amaus is making. He is such a funny little guy.

Donna said...

What a great vacation!
I can just imagine your Mom running around getting the cows out of your flowers!
Your pictures are so good!!!

Mallory said...

That looks like SUCH a fun vacation! Love all the pics, especially Amaus' expression in the last one =)

Amber said...

I'm so glad y'all had a good, relaxing time. We ate at Lambert's, too. As a matter of fact, I recognize the guy throwing rolls in your picture from when we were there! Golly, there was SO MUCH food!

Your bathing suit looks cute, btw.