Tuesday, March 27, 2012




HELLO IQUITOS!


Today, when we went to meet our girl, we first had a nice Iquitos style breakfast. More like a meal!










Then we had to go and meet with a lawyer and psychologist. That went pretty well. Our first rides in moto-taxis were sure an adventure! Love it!



























Homes by the SNA office


We arrived at her orphanage, and the orphanage director took us to a sort of open, half walled pavilion. They had two chairs and an outdoor love seat set up. Leelee filmed the whole thing, and the boys stood by her.









Three boys waiting to meet their sister!






We began to tear up at the thought, and then we spotted her. She was being walked through the center courtyard, holding hands with two of the tias at the orphanage. They had her all dolled up in some black studded leggings, ruffled socks, and patent leather dress shoes.































When they brought her into the pavilion with us, she immediately began smiling. It is all a blur now, looking back. But she ran all over the place throwing a flower, and laughing. Then we took turns holding her, and she was quite lovable. She played with Danny for a bit, and the have him a kiss on the cheek! After a while of blowing bubbles, playing and running, she let me hold her and I rocked and sang to her. She began to fall asleep in my arms! She sucks on two of her fingers, and loves to have her back rubbed. She actually lifted up the back of her shirt and put my hand on her back to scratch it.





















Danny held her next and she went completely out! The psychologist and lawyer were so pleased with the meeting, they let us take her for the afternoon. By the time we left, we were told she would be placed in our care! Wow. How amazed we were with what God did today!



She rode with Danny in the moto- taxi, and we came back to our apartment. We have been so in awe of her! She has repeated "light", sings with me when I sing in la-lala's, and loves to giggle and play! She heard us say outside when we go out of the apartment, so now she says, "Outsigh!" And knocks on the door if she wants to go out. She throws and catches balloons and LOVES that! When we got to the apartment, I put her in a little skirt and tank top, and she started twirling and dancing!


HAHA! Just woke up and a little groggy!



At one point, she leaned over her suitcase and saw a Dora doll, (THANKS GRANDMOTHER!) which she grabbed, snuggled and kissed. Then it started singing (it's musical) and she danced everywhere! So cute!



She LOVES the water. We all played for a while in the pool! She kicked and splashed and wanted to take off, but we had to hold on tight to her.
















She climbed up to sit right beside sleeping Amaus.


After a bit, I brought her upstairs for a nap. I laid down with her, and she just kept grinning at me, this incredibly sweet smile. She went to sleep for an hour or so.

She seems to really like Dora. We have a Dora movie, and she keeps running up to the screen and kissing it, and then repeating the words she hears!

She woke up and got right to playing. She just ran up and gave me a kiss. This little girl is so precious...we are truly blessed, and in love with our little Peruvian Princess. Only the Lord could do what we have seen.

I am praising the Father for all of the spectacular things that have already taken place.

"Thank you Jesus, for guiding and directing the lives of your children! There is no one but YOU, oh Lord, who can do these things!! Thank you Father for your hand on this whole, miraculous process, and the one ahead!"


Please forgive any typos! I never have time to reread these! Blessings and love friends and family!! Thank you for your praying! It means the world to us. We love y'all!!

Location:Our Precious Camila!

8 comments:

Jo Ann said...

So awesome.... that's all I can say without crying too much! She is precious. Love the pics! Especially the one of all 4 kids. Looks like she's always been there!
Love to all!

Penny said...

God is good~ ALL the time! :) Love the pictures! Looks like we've got another nursery baby~ I'll bring some Dora videos. ;)

Beth said...

Beautiful post! Looks like she is going to fit in quite nicely. :)

Becky Ryder said...

Yay! It's going well! God is so faithful:) thinking about you all!

Vershal and Susannah Hogan said...

Oh, Calley! What wonderful pictures! Your arms must be feeling such relief to be holding on to your precious daughter now. I can't even begin to say how proud I am of you and Danny, and how excited I am. Vershal and I rejoicing with you! We love you all so much... I can't wait to meet her and give her a hug myself!

Carrie Bird said...

That is so awesome!! I am so happy for you an your family!! God has blessed you with a very wonderful one!!

Melissa (Mom) said...

I'm speechless, have been crying tears of joy all day! Thanks Be To God another Perfect day!!!!! Im counting down the minutes until we talk again! I cant type all I have to say right here! Love Mom (Grandmother)

Paige said...

I will never get tired of watching orphans become beloved children. So beautiful...so beautiful.