Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Time's a Comin'!

I can hardly believe that it is only three weeks until Christmas!! EEEk. I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet! I am very excited, though because this upcoming week Danny and I get to spend an entire day doing some hard-core out of town shopping!! I don't get to go shopping very often these days, and haven't had an entire day with just my honey for probably two years. It's going to be a blast! (I'm wondering if he's thinking the same thing about all of the shopping to be done!) We pretty much need to get it all done in that day, if at all possible.

The inside of our house is pretty much decorated for Jesus' birthday.(I have attempted to include some pictures but the internet won't let me right now.) I am only missing a few things- one of which is probably my very favorite Christmas decoration. I had a large nativity scene that was beautiful. Danny and I found it when Josiah was just a baby, and we have enjoyed having it out every year since. It, along with several other Christmas decorations, have mysteriously dissappeared this year. We have searched in every possible storage location, to no avail. It doesn't make since that we would have stored everything else in one spot, except for that one tupperware container. I don't know.
Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to add some more lights to the outside of our house this upcoming weekend.
I love Christmas! I love all of it- even the hustle and bustle. But I especially love that all of the world pauses to celebrate Jesus- whether they willingly admit that or not. Without Christmas-and the celebration of Christ's birth, none of the festivities would be going on. I love the family traditions we have gained through our extended families, and the ones we have created in our family of five. They are all very treasured to me, and to our children as they grow older each year. More and more they anticipate and recognize with eagerness the routines of our family Christmas traditions.

Tomorrow I plan on taking the boys to get some Christmas shots of them, and I am praying for cooperation out of them all, especially Amaus!

We got the much awaited news today that our homestudy had been reviewed and sent to our social worker!! Now the social worker will correct anything the agency found, send back a hard copy to the agency- who will then mail it off to USCIS. I am thrilled that we are moving forward here! Thank you Lord!

No comments: