Last week I celebrated my 28th birthday. Man- it is really hard for me to believe! I have been thinking a little about all that can take place in a life in such a short amount of time. Danny and I will have been married 9 years this upcoming October. Everything about life has changed drastically for me in the last nine years- and seems to change more with each passing year!
When I look back over the last 28 years- I feel so incredibly blessed. I feel so blessed to have a tremendous family and an awesome circle of friends who are always encouraging me and whom I have the privelige of learning from. At 28 years old, I still am able to enjoy all of my grandparents, and my children are even able to know them. I have a wonderful mama and step dad. I talk to my mom every single day. She hears all of my woes and all of my joys and I love her dearly. I have an incredible Dad and step mom who also are eager to cheer us on in everything we are called to! I have some super brothers and 1 super sister (and their super spouses!) with whom I actually seem to grow closer with the older I get. I have a best friend who, no matter how long of a spell we go without seeing one another- or even talking, we always pick up right where we left off and really "sharpen" one another in the Lord. (and have since teenagers) I have a tremendous family that I gained at marriage, in which I fill as though I fit perfectly in. I had many fears in the beginning of marriage that I might not ever belong to another family- or be able to be my true goofy self. Boy have I gotten over that! I love my mother in law and father in law just like another set of parents. I love Danny's sisters as if they are my siblings. There are SO many other friends who have been the inspiration for tramatic change in my life.
I learned where real joy is found in Jesus and not in earthly possesions or a career, from my old youth pastor and his wife. I have learned the simple joys of working hard to give my family the best-an expression of love, from a dear friend I met from Baton Rouge. I have learned what it means to look past other folk's flaws, and forget about those flaws, in love (because I have plenty of my own) from my good friend from teenage years, who is now my niece. I have learned that there is never a reason to talk unkindly about someone and that there is always a positive to bring out in a situation, (by example) from my sweet and supportive friend, and fellow worship leader. In the last year, I have gotten to know the young woman who is now married to our church's youth pastor- who has a very Godly, and unique character about her. From her, I have learned the meaning of "having an in-season word". She always seems to say the right thing. It's beautiful. ( I must add here, that I haven't mastered any of these qualities! I sure have some awesome examples to look to, though!)
I could seriously go on for days here...I feel as though my life is full and over flowing with blessings. I do not know what I would have done without the people I mentioned here- (and MANY others who would fill a novel) and the rich lessons I have learned from them. Some might think it's a bunch of bologna that I could actually truly love and adore this many people from all of these different kinds of relationships, some of which are typically full of turmoil. I think it's a miracle too. A miracle that I praise God for, and do not take an iota of credit for. I look around and am in awe of the peace our family abides in.
Over the last, nearly nine years, Danny and I have had three sons- and now we are waiting on bringing our next child home. At this rate- we are on a "child every two to three years" record! I'd hate to break it now! ;) wink-wink
All kidding aside- no one could ever imagine the joy available in the Lord. I sure couldn't. I am so glad I refused to listen to the lies of Satan and surrendered all to the Lord! I only wish I would have whole heartedly lived the first 15 years of my life for Him. The last 13 years have been a true adventure. I cannot wait to see what the next 20 will be like. It's amazing to think of what can take place in 20 years.
I used to say that when I got to be an old gray headed granny, I wanted to be one of those super wise, faith filled, bun-wearing women, who "youngsters" liked to come to for advice and direction. LOL Sure- that would be great! But I don't want to wait until then to know my God more! I don't want to wait to experience the benefits of living a faith filled life- and I'm not going to! If the Lord wills, there are a good many years between me and Depends underwear...(unless I keep up this child- every two year record...in which case, I might break out the Depends at a much earlier age. : /) a good many years to fight this fight of faith- to rescue souls- to dump it all upside down for my King!
I know there are good things to come! Thank you Jesus for the blessed life I have been given, and for the amazing people you have brought into it. Your grace is overwhelming.
5 comments:
And you are a blessing to all those that know you! :)
Your wonderful post brought tears to my eyes, and is serving as an inspirational start for a gray day in Lima, Peru! You are a beautiful person, and although you may not have a "gray bun" in your hair, you are full of wisdom already. Happy birthday, and may God fill your next year with many new and exciting blessings! :) Rhonda
Penny- Thank you so much. You and your family are tremendous blessings to ours. We love y'all.
Rhonda- I thank you so, so much. :')You and your journey are such an inspiration to ME! You are in my prayers each day as I think of all of the new adjustments- victories and drastic changes that are taking place. Praying for mighty strength and peace from on high to overwhelm you today, and days ahead! What a blessing it is for me to be able to follow your adoption and travel to Peru. Thank you for being willing to share it.
<3 Calley
I love you and I love your heart so much. I feel blessed to be considered an important part of your life. You know you're important in mine as well. <3
I love you Ber. <3
Post a Comment