Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Aftermath

We are now walking in the wake of the spectacular news we received a little over a week ago. It's difficult to wrap my mind around this long awaited relief. I cannot believe we will be traveling to Peru in around 2 months to bring our daughter home.

I was able to talk through some questions with our agency today. It looks a little more like the earliest we will be able to travel is right after the New Year. There are several reasons for this. The holidays will delay things in Peru and the US, and it seems that the I800 process is taking a little longer than normal in recent months.

I was able to create a list of questions we have about our little girl, and our agency has sent them to her caregiver. I cannot wait for some answers! We also have already seen one prayer answered! SNA made an exception and are allowing my step mom (Also known as "Leelee" to the boys) to come with us for the first two weeks of travel! This is SUCH a relief for me. They also want us to be able to go and meet our girl the first day with only the two of us. There are just so many reasons why I am beyond thrilled that Leelee is coming! Praise God!

So I am beginning work on the I800 and we are waiting on the last bit of our girl's file to be translated. Then we can submit it all to USCIS. Good things are happening. We couldn't be more excited!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a tad behind on your new but rejoicing just as if I had read it on the 31st. I am soooo excited for you guys...INCREDIBLE, GLORIOUS NEWS!!!!!!! YES LORD!!! So awesome!

Calley said...

Thank you!! We are over the moon right now! It still feels a bit surreal! Thank you so much!

Cristi said...

Oh that is awesome news. Another answered prayer! GOD IS GOOD!