Right now we are waiting on the embassy in Peru to give us the A-OK that they have received all of our info, and that we are set to travel. It usually doesn't take long at all for this to happen. When we hear from them, we merely have to schedule an appointment with the adoption folks of Peru (SNA), and we can jet out of here.
We have been enjoying some wonderful Louisiana weather, getting ahead on school work, and relishing (and fighting unbearable eagerness) in the thought of meeting our daughter any time now. We had our hearts set on flying out this weekend. Since we still have not heard from the embassy, it's looking more and more like that isn't going to be possible. We know the Lord knows best- and we are doing our best to use this time to get ahead on things.
Today we planted some veggis in the garden. They should just be sprouting when we get home from Peru. I'm pumped about the squash, tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, greens, and zucchini on the way. YUM.
Josiah and Isaac are very close to being through with a good portion of their school work for the year. They are about 10 days away from finishing up their Math, and about 2 days away from finishing science. They both still have some reading left, but we pretty much read all summer anyway. They will finish up their reading in a month or so, and then I'll let them go pick out some summer reading books.
All in all, this year went really well with schooling. Josiah and Isaac both have done great with math and reading. I have seen a lot of progress in them this year. Isaac seems to really enjoy Math. Josiah has enjoyed it this year more than ever before. I'm hoping to find a more thorough Language Arts program for next year, as I feel we need some more deliberate work there (for both of our older boys). Josiah has learned to outline a story, or essay, and then write a report. He can pretty much do that by himself now, although he doesn't enjoy it too much. Isaac can write sentences that I dictate to him. But that's also not one of his favorite things to do. :) I'm very proud of my boys. I'm looking forward to teaming them up together next year on all of our chapter book reading, history, and some of our science. I think it's going to give us a lot of flexibility and allow for more branching out into science experiments, and other fun activities.
On another note, please join me in praying for my two friends who are waiting to be matched in Peru. Please pray with me that their news will come this month! My friend Paige and her husband adopted sweet Emma from Peru over a year ago. Now they are requesting two other children in Peru, a girl and boy. They also have four older children that are high school and college age. Their story is so amazing- They have a good word from the SNA that they should be matched this month! Paige has been such a help to me throughout our adoption process. She has encouraged me, given me info that has been SO helpful, and just urged me on. My friend Becky and her husband have requested a precious little boy in Peru. They have three children and have adopted internationally once before. She always has such encouraging, faith focused words for me- and I appreciate that greatly. More than once she has reminded me not to look at the circumstances, but to focus on what the Word God has given regarding our adoption. They are both hoping to be matched this month- and I'm hoping with them. Please pray for them with me! It's a wonderful thing to have friends who are walking this same path.
Spring is upon us! I'm hoping some good news will be coming tomorrow! I have really been slacking on pictures for a long, long time. I hope to make up for lost time very soon. I don't know what the deal has been there...just have been consumed with the tasks at hand. I hope to have a beautiful collage of Amazon beauty coming very soon!
1 comment:
thanks calley! praying, praying, praying for your little amazon beauty to meet her mama y papa soon!
Post a Comment