Thursday, April 12, 2012

Packing and Goodbyes


We all slept great last night! We had a good Peruvian breakfast at the hotel this morning, and then came upstairs to begin the packing. I was much too tired for the intended packing last night and pretty much crashed. Camila seemed a little confused as we packed up all of our things this morning. For all she knows, this hotel is our house and where she'll be staying!
We were able to go and visit our friends Trent and Shawn and tell them goodbye before lunch. It was a fun time of hanging out and we were glad we were able to see them one last time before we head out tonight. The kids have a ball at the mission where they live because they have ducks, kittens, some grass and running around room, and big hammocks to swing in. Camila was such a little sweetheart and ran around telling everyone, "Hola!" and "Gracias!" She seemed to have a great time there. Trent and Shawn, some of the interns, and a few of their Peruvian friends who serve at the church prayed for us before we left.
Here is a pic of us with Trent, Shawn, and Shawn's father.
Please forgive Amaus' manners. We're working on it...and this is the only photo I have of them. :/




We are packed up and ready to go! We leave the hotel for the airport at about 5:30PM. I'm looking forward to the flight and so are the boys. Everything feels settled today. We are eager to get to Lima and also eager to get home. Although I'm not trying to think about home just yet or I'll remember just how homesick I am. If everything goes as our rep expects, when it's all said and done, I will have been in Peru for five weeks. I think I might kiss the carpet when I get home. Really.
We are continuing to pray that the computer program needed in Iquitos for us to get Camila's birth certificate will arrive much sooner than they expect!
Thanks so much for all of the prayers and kind words. We love and miss you all terribly.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I am straight CRACKING UP at Amaus in that picture! hahahaha

Paige said...

I remember feeling horribly lonely as soon as Jim and the boys left for home. But God has a plan and right now it involves you being in Lima, rest in that. He was things for you to learn and people for you to meet and bonding with your sweet little girl. Many prayers constantly coming your way.

Rhonda LaBatt said...

We're praying for you! We were in Peru five weeks, and definitely kissed the carpet when we got home! In the end it's so worth it!!

Penny said...

I know you're homesick and not looking forward to being left behind in Lima when Danny returns. :( BUT... you and Camila can have some girl/bonding quality time~ I'm sure she's going to LOVE having her mommy all to herself. :)
Josiah looks like he's grown six inches since you left! He looks SO tall in that group pic.

Rebecca said...

riCalley! I was in Perufor 5 weeks too.... and I was NEVER so glad to be home when I got here... my Mom (who had never traveled internationally before) was even more ready to get home! But, it is a sweet time and Lima will be a good transition time for Camila. The move from Lima to the US will be huge for her... it was even bigger than I thought it would be for Liliana. Hang in there, I am praying for you and the 5 weeks will seem like no time at all once you get home. Blessings sweet friend!