Saturday, May 26, 2012

Celebrate!





Here Camila is dolled up and ready to celebrate!







Camila jamming down on her Dora mic





Today our awesome church family held a celebration for our Peruvian princess. We had a great time. My sister and her husband were able to come in from out of town, and I was finally able to meet their precious new baby Israel for the first time! My sister, who we endearingly call Grubby, was also excited to finally meet Camila. It's been way too long since we were able to see one another. They were able to come by our house before the celebration.


My sis and I sitting with Israel, goo gooing and gah-gahing over him.







Camila giving Uncle Gabe some hugs!

CELEBRATION TIME!


The cake was absolutely presh!









Camila with Mrs. Cathey



Camila with Mommy



Camila and Ant Juju



Grubby and Camila










Camila played and played with this hula hoop!






So many awesome ladies helped with the celebration!



The boys celebrating by chowing down.



Camila got lots of awesome goodies, including this cool pink chair.


After we left the celebration we headed to my grandparent's house for a family reunion. We had a great time seeing family and visiting. I have a whole lot of memories of growing up and going to family reunions.

It's funny looking back, but when I was little I seemed to get hurt at every reunion. I remember hanging from a low branch of a tree by my knees and attempting the "cherry drop". I regretted that. I fell straight on my head. It hurt. Bad. When i was five, at one reunion, I fell off a swing backwards and got my air knocked out.
I have been stung by a wasp at several different reunions, too.

Even though this has been the routine, I still have always loved family reunions. Good food and family members gathered in sporadic circles discussing how life has been going. Lots of times the musically inclined family members will bring their instruments and there is a spontaneous jam session. Good times.



Camila chilling with her cousin Conner at the reunion

Today made me wonder if my kids are carrying on my tradition of being injured at reunions. Pretty soon after we got to the reunion Josiah and his cousins began climbing trees. Josiah has been a tree climber since he was about three years old. He's gotten pretty super at it. Its probably one of his favorite things to do, actually. He can climb up high enough to give his mama a good scare and I have to ask him to ease down into the, uh, lower regions. Today he decided it would be good to climb the tree that's right beside Papa and Meme's house that practically touches her roof. And after you're up that high, why not try to step onto the roof from the tree? I mean, it seems perfectly logical.

This plan turned sour somehow, though. Josiah fell from right at roof level and landed on his side. We were initially afraid that he had broken something, but after watching him for a while and seeing him move around, we are confident he is fine. He's just going to be extremely soar and he is limping slightly. He's tough, but I'm thinking he may have decided that roof leaping isn't going to be part of his future tree climbing adventures.

Isaac decided to join the fun and a wasp stung him on the face. He didn't seem to let it bother him much and hardly cried at all when he was stung. There were more important things to worry about like levy rolling and boomerang throwing.

I for one am amazed at how much can take place in a two hour time slot.
I'm glad it was only two of the four kids that had some ouchies today. Perhaps all of them won't decide to carry on the tradition of family reunion injuries, all at once. Then I might have to send our family members a letter to pass around at the reunions, for all of our well being. ;)

We had a good day! We are looking forward to another fun time tomorrow (crawfish and volleyball with the church family) and excited to be able to have Daddy home with us for Memorial day on Monday. Yee-Haw.


No comments: