Friday, May 11, 2012

Sweet Progress




Our Peruvian princess is just doing great! She is saying more and more. Little things have been coming out in our day in day out that show us how fast she is catching on.

Every time I change Camila's shirt I say, "Arms up!". Well the other day we were eating lunch and she spilled water on her shirt. She put her cup down and said, "Ahs up!" (arms up)

She sings the tune to Dora and it sounds like, "D-do-do- dah-ah!" She also knows the hand motions to The Wheels on the Bus. She loves doing the, babies go wah-wah-wah, part, and the mommies go shh-shhh-shh. I catch her singing this to herself and trying to sing the last line..."all through the town". Which comes out like, "Ah do da daaa!!!"

She is just doing so well and we praise God for that. He is truly teaching and doing a work in her, and us all.
















I have big plans for my Saturday! I want to paint my porch a lovely terra-cotta, and paint my porch swing a bronzy brown. I have the paint and I'm ready to roll! I also have some neat eclectic antique rockers that were given to me by my mother in law, that I plan to paint and add to the back porch. We have two Peruvian hammocks waiting to find a home on the back porch as well. I am seriously loving my yard right now, thanks to my mother in law and sis in law. It is like an outdoor haven! :) I also hope to get Miss Magnolia (our jersey milk cow) moved back to the pasture by the barn so I can resume milking again. I've sure missed my morning milking, and the fresh milk. That last one is on the honey-do list. Danny is the one who repairs fences and moves cows. I tend to set too many goals for one day, so we shall see how many of these things actually get accomplished!

I <3 weekends. They're pretty super. Get stuff done. Run around and play. Laugh. Visit with your family. Have a cup of coffee with your husband. Enjoy life.

1 comment:

Penny said...

She's precious! Her pictures just make me smile~ I guess because she's always grinning/giggling in them. But I'm really loving that last serious looking picture! :)
Sitting here typing and listening to the storm, don't think you'll get any outside painting done today. :(