We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family! We spent the holiday at my Meme and Papa's home, where there was an abundance of food (turkey, dressing, every other casserole known to man, lemon icebox pie, pecan pie, banana pudding, chocolate pie, etc!) and an abundance of rejoicing.
We all had a wonderful time! I love that my kids are participating in the same traditions I grew up with. All of the kid cousins running around on my grandparent's country property, loud laughing and visiting filling the house, and rejoicing in all of the things that God has done and is doing in our lives.

My dad (He's a Harley man, if you're wondering about the boots) was taking an after meal nap until Camila decided to come to say hello.

Everyone colored a piece of fabric with fabric markers, that showed one memory from meme and papa's house, and my aunt and cousin are going to make them into a quilt.

Camila coloring her square

Some of the gals in the family playing a homemade family game that we play at every gathering. It's called Hop-Hole, and it's a lot like the game Trouble.
After eating and hanging out for a while, we decided to drive to Shreveport to see my sister Grubby, her husband Gabe, and their precious bebito, Israel. We spent the night there laughing and catching up! How I wish they lived closer!
What a wonderful weekend! And only four weeks and two days until Christmas! I hardly have any shopping done at all! Eeeeeek! I've seriously got to get on it!!
I absolutely love this time of the year. I love the busy-ness. I love the family time, and food. I love the traditions and good times!
It's also only 6-ish weeks until we should be meeting our newest addition! The baby nursery is almost complete. I'm about to wash and sort baby clothes, and finish up a few organization household tasks...and I'll feel *mostly* ready.
Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! The Lord gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly. He revealed his character to Moses and his deeds to the people of Israel. The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. (Psalms 103:1-8 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment