Thursday, January 31, 2013

Treasured Moments

When Amaus was born, my blog was a private one. I shared his birth story with the then, 10-15 readers. That list consisted of only close female friends and family members. Now that around 2,000 people, both men and women, are stopping by this blog each month, I have found myself re-evaluating what parts of my life should be public and private.

I love a good birth story. In fact, birth stories are one of my absolute favorite reads. But I chose a home birth because I was tired of the circus and fan-fare and crowd involved in my three previous hospital births (amongst other reasons). Salem's birth was such a beautiful, and personal event- it feels cheapened by a broadcast to all of mankind. I would like to keep it the treasure it is. Because of that, I've written up Salem's birth story in another blog, that is set on private. If you are a female friend that I know, or family member, I would not mind sharing the story with you. You can email me at dannyandcalley@yahoo.com and I will add you to the list in that private blog. Otherwise, I think it is best kept where it is. Thanks for understanding!

I have a video of a time of worship with the few people gathered at Salem's birth while I was still in early labor. I broke out my guitar, and the small gathering at the time joined me in praising Jesus, as we waited for Salem. I will share that video as soon as I figure out how to do that! (I know sharing videos is supposed to be easy-I've just never done it! Lol)



Blessings, Friends!
Calley

No comments: