I didn't schedule in not getting much sleep, so before day one of homeschool 2013 even started, everything was already out of whack. The temptation is to be overwhelmed; to wonder how I'll ever get it all done.
So at 5:30 AM when it was past time to rise and start the new day and new school year, I reluctantly scraped myself out of the bed and went to make some coffee and cracked open the Word for some strength. I prayed, "Lord, I need you to live through me. I need you to do what I'm too tired to do on my own."
I sat a bit and thought. I thought about what my heart's desire is above all else. To raise my children to know the love of God. To raise up disciples who are passionate about reaching the lost. To show my kids that I can't do anything without the work of the Holy Spirit in my life.
"Oh. Wow. I get it, Lord. Through my weakness you're SO strong. Even in my tiredness and inadequacy you will shine all the brighter. It's then that I realize my total dependence on you!"
And it's certainly no coincidence that I flipped to 2 Kings 4, and read about the poor widow who had used up all of her resources and still came up short. Her creditors were coming to take her sons as slaves because she couldn't pay her debts.
But God sent boundless olive oil from a flask that filled many jars full of the costly oil. It was more than enough oil to pay her debts and some was left over to live on.
Then I happened over to Psalm 65, verse 9...The river of God has plenty of water; it provides a bountiful harvest of grain, for you have ordered it to do so.
I love that Jesus brought me just what I needed this morning. He has more than enough for me. I don't have to have all the resources when he has it all, and it's from HIS supply that the harvest comes forth anyway! Not mine!
"Do what only you can do, Lord Jesus!"
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
Feel inadequate, tired, or unequipped for the task at hand? There is PLENTY of water in the river of God! Press into HIM today and watch Him shine. The harvest comes from Him and a dependence on Him, not from me or you or our abilities.

1 comment:
Thats awesome stuff! As they would say back in the day, YOU'RE THE BOMB! :) God bless!!
Post a Comment