Most of the time I talk only of things we as a family are doing. I feel, a little, inspired if you will, to just ramble about nothing this morning. So why not?
So about a month ago I felt like I needed to cut my caffiene intake. I was majorly addicted to the point that if I didn't have my 2 cups, sometimes more, I would have a TERRIBLE headache- and feel awful. I also feared that Amaus second round with not sleeping could have been because of my caffiene. (Ya think? ;) ) So I felt like I was supposed to quit. I still drink a cup of coffee here and there for a treat- or a coke when we go out to eat. I just don't HAVE to have that wonderful warm- slightly sweet- and amazingly soothing cup of joe every day. Did I mention that I really love coffee?
Anyway- last night was the NIGHT OF ENDLESS TERROR.
It began with climbing into the bed and noticing some nameless type of bug on the adjacent wall. YUCKO! My half asleep hubby was immedietly beckoned to go, and, um, dispose of the intruder. He groaned, climbed out of bed and found a shoe on the floor. He aimed at the hideous creature, and the thing keenly jumped escaping certain death. It ran under our dressor. He, seeming content anyway, climbed into bed and set his brain on snoozage. I, on the other hand, having had many crazy events with bugs climbing on me in the middle of the night throughout my 25 years, could not easily be swooned by my need for ZZZZ's. I lay in the bed awake- hearing noises and thinking every hair that fell on my face tickling me, was some sort of creature. I finally woke my dear darling up to turn on the lamp (on his side of the bed) and I went on a search for this bug. I looked under the dressor and all around the walls and floor. Evidently this terrible thing was also highly skilled in camouflaging himself in innocent housewive's bedrooms and the cunning "beast" waits on them to fall into a deep sleep, before jumping on them.
Anyway- I climbed into the bed, slowly dozed away...then the phone rang. It was someone who had no idea they had called us at around 11:00pm- and you could just hear babblings of a conversation.
I dozed off for about 5 mins. Danny, my wonderful darling, must have also had trouble sleeping after all of the disruptions. About every 10 seconds he would move. His hand or foot would jump slightly
shaking the bed. I counted. There was no doubt now, every 10 seconds his hand or foot would jump. I asked him if he could roll over on his side- maybe that would help. He groaned, but I don't think he moved. I said again, "YOUR TWITCHING!" I was getting kind of annoyed now. I am sure he was too.
I dozed off for a couple of hrs. Amaus woke up. I heard his little voice through the monitor...Danny went and retrieved him and brought him to me. I nursed him, brought him back to bed, and attempted to go back to sleep.
This time I drifted off into some strange dream. I was living back in Foules where I lived in High School. I don't know exactly what happened, but my neice Susannah and I were at some type of event, and we met two people who were in need of prayer. We asked them if we could pray for them- and we did. Well, that must have been some kind of crime in my dream. There was a nationwide uproar. A picture of me, praying for these people ended up on the cover of Time Magazine. Then, christians were sort of in hiding. They snuck around everywhere in fear of being caught. At the end of my dream, I was at some young teenage girl's house. she had been hiding out there for years because her parent's abandoned her when they found out she was a Christian. She snuck in and out of the house to find food- but she had no electricity or anything. Weird dream. I woke up to Amaus in the monitor again. it was somewhere around six and I felt desperate for another hour of sleep.
SO- after I got up and got going, I decided to treat myself to a cup of coffee. I will spare you pics of me- pre coffee. They would be even more hideous than the creature haunting me through the ENDLESS NIGHT OF TERROR. One cool thing about quitting caffiene is when you do have it on occasion, it helps. It makes you feel like you didn't miss a minute of sleep. (at least for a couple of hrs :>) ) This is me after my delicious treat. Feeelin' Gooood. I suddenly feel like I WON'T skip the treadmill today! I suddenly feel like I should seriously sew the cute new skirt I have been putting off making, and I should sew the boys some cute new shorts- on top of the already planned yard overhaul today. Who needs sleep? (I am in the habit of setting un-accomplishable goals for myself)
Yesterday: These are some pics of Amaus and Josiah in a little frog pool. I let Amaus sit in his Bumbo and he could really splash without getting completely soaked.
10 comments:
thinking every hair that fell on my face tickling me, was some sort of creatureI giggled over this- that is SO me!
I love reading your blog, I just never have time to comment! I can't believe how big your boys have gotten!
ok you are inspiring me...if you can deal with 3 kids on no caffiene, i can deal with 1!
i am WITH you on the bug thing and the hubby twitching thing too. I HATE those kind've nights. Those are the morning I have to have a Starbucks with an extra shot of espresso!
starbucks....mmmmmm...you have me drooling.
When I first quite the caffiene I had a headache for about a week. No kidding. You get past it though....just takes a few days. It was a weird thing to actually wake up in the morning without an aid. hehe But I do miss having that. I drank hot tea in the mornings for a couple of weeks to make up for it. It wasn't the same. :(
Amber- I know what you mean- I can't tell you the nights I keep MYSELF awake just because of my hair blowing around. hehe
That was so funny! LOL I PROMISE that 11:00 phone call was NOT us! We were fast asleep at 11:00. You dont have caller ID??? Hope you sleep better tonight, bug free. See ya!
Hey girl! Since you don't appear on my 'blog list updates' I sometimes forget to check on ya =) Try clicking on my name and see if you can still get to my blog, maybe because it's set to private it makes it hard to get to, idk. Btw, Amaus looks SO cute in his little froggy pool =)
Mallory- for some reason I can't view it- can you send me another invite- I don't know what happened...I've tried several times-
Holy cow!! When did Amaus get so darn big!! He can't seriously be that big yet!
That dream sounds so freaky- mostly because it's probably somewhat prophetic. *ick* Thank the Lord not yet though.
Love your coffee picks!! LOL
hehe- thanks. I was feeling real cooky that morning! Yeah- I thought the dream was rather freaky myself.
Post a Comment