Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Much to update...

Goodness...I have gotten behind! Life has been moving at 90 miles an hour lately. My days rush by with the regular tasks required to keep a household running, and my evenings are either filled with church or t-ball. It has all been fun- but if there be one vacant moment...I will probably be dozing off! Amaus got back into waking up again...so I am praying he will switch back into the all night stuff again real soon.







I don't know where to begin.



Mom and the boys at the hotel in Ruston.



A few weeks ago, I had to practice with my sis Grubby, and her fiance Gabe because we got the opportunity to play at a Youth weekend in Woodville, MS. I drove to Ruston to meet them, and my Mom, who was beside herself from missing the kids, met me there on Friday. She rented a hotel suite, and the hotel had an inside pool. We hung out with her all that evening, and then she watched the boys for me to practice the next day. We went to the mall the next day before parting ways. It was a really fun weekend- and I was glad to see my Mom. I have been missing her alot lately. She is supposed to be coming for a visit next weekend. I can't wait!

This is Josiah and Isaac in Grubby's dorm room. They think they would LOVE the college life!


Isaac enjoying our flooded yard


Hmmmm...we have had alot of backyard mud-wars lately, with all of the rain. The boys have had numerous days of wallowing in the mud. Yum. Actually this last Sunday, all of the kids had a mud war out by the chicken yard. What a sight! They all ended up in their underwear! Here are some pics from our recent Sunday hang-outs- Good times!


The boys in their undies



Mr. Paul and Amaus

Robo Josiah



Aunt Beth playing with Amaus

I also have some sad news in this blog. Our sweet little goat "Prophet" died last night. I feel terrible about the whole incident. I looked on the back porch (Danny and the boys were gone to a game) and I saw that he had tangled up his rope all around the swing. This happens alot. We kept a rope on him because he was always getting out of the yard, and that was the only way we could catch him. Well, I went back to try to untangle it. It was wrapped really tightly and all he could do was stand right by the swing. I could not get it undone for the life of me. It had gotten tangled into the wire cable from the swing, and it was not coming undone. I called Danny, and he said that he does that all the time, and that he was on his way home and he would undo it when he got there. I hesitated and thought, "Maybe I should just go on and cut it." But then I thought- if he gets out Danny won't be able to catch him. So I just went back in to wait. Well, I heard Danny get home, and then I heard him holler, "Calley!" He had found "Prophetlittlegoat" strangled on the back porch. He evidently had wrapped himself around it one more time, and gotten pinned under the swing. I never knew it. I can't explain how terrible I feel about this. I could have easily saved him. I probably would have had numerous sobbing spells today about it, had my brain not been one big (excuse the descriptive wording) wad of snot. I feel like my head is swimming- my nose is raw...and my ears foggy. I think that being distracted by feeling yuck, has kept me from continually dwelling on how I SHOULD have just gone on and cut Prophet loose.


Danny was upset. The boys, surprisingly didn't cry. I was shocked considering Prophet was their daily playmate. I think it is because they didn't really believe he had died. Josiah told me, "You don't have to be sad Mama. Just pray for him to come back to life." Oh if I could only have the faith of a child. I prayed. Then he said, "See! Now Daddy won't be sad either because when he wakes up in the morning he will see Prophetlittlegoat jumping out of the fence!!" That broke my heart. I heard Isaac in the bathroom talking to himself this morning. He was saying something like, "Prophet died. Yeeeep. He'th gone forever."


I hate to end on such a downer...but I am out of time...hopefully more cheerful news to come.

5 comments:

Penny said...

Sorry about Prophet! I have to admit, though, that I did laugh out loud when I read the boys' reactions... especially, Isaac's one-sided conversation. Larry's Aunt Willie used to have whole conversations with herself--- and yes, she answered her own questions. It always amused us to "catch" her. However, when my niece did it-- it was just scary! LOL

Penny said...

You forgot to mention your little hubby's "promotion!" I forgot to say I LOVE the pictures, especially the ones of Amaus with Paul and with Beth. He is SO sweet! The picture with Paul is priceless--- they really DO look alike in that picture! :)

Amber said...

How sad! I could have cried reading that. I am very sorry about Prophet. It's not your fault, Calley.

I looove the photo of dirty Isaac with all that water in the background. Good one!

theglenns556 said...

Awww...so sad!

Cristi said...

Calley my mom wants to be added to your blog. Thanks!