It seems I am constantly saying, and doing goofy things lately. I cannot explain the times I have put my foot in my mouth over the last two weeks. I think I have found the culprit. I have been pretty much in my house(apart from church) because of weather, and a sick kid, for about 9 days. Phew. I need to get out.
I did get to go to a home school group meet up this Sat. It was supposed to be for couples, but Danny was gone to an auction. Turns out, it was just me and 3 other couples who went to church together and were all really familiar with one another. The kids ran around everywhere, and I must say, I totally felt out of place. I felt awkward, which usually makes me say MORE goofy things, rather than just keep silent. After I fixed my plate (it was a little potluck thing), I sat it on my bar stool because there was no more space on the counter. Then Isaac distracted me and came in crying about something. Well, I was so distracted that, I climbed into my bar stool backwards and sat right on my plate. Yep. Sandwiches, salsa...the works. THEN, I was SO embarrassed that I couldn't stop laughing, WAY after it was not funny anymore. Don't let my title fool you. I don't think most of the moms in this group are "apple jumper" types either- but sometimes I wonder if I am too kooky to find many like minded folk. I dunno. while my personality seems to naturally lean towards "goofy", the last two weeks have even taken me off guard. I have to have broken some kind of record with saying the wrong thing at the wrong time- or saying what I really didn't mean- or just doing some silly things.
I just cooked enchiladas- and that are now crispy over cooked burrito things, because I forgot to pour sauce on top. Lately, as I go to correct one child, I probably won't call them the right name, and will possibly call them something like " Isaiah, or Jo-maus", both of which might be okay names...but aren't my kid's names.
Danny and I are going to Monroe to find him some shoes tonight! YAY! I am WAY too excited. I also will finally get to go to Kirklands and look at some house stuff.
I am thinking I may have figured out just what I need to get my brain back on track, and am hoping to find one somewhere tonight. Something has to be-sobering about putting one of these beautiful things on. So sobering, that maybe a little of my loopiness will flee when I put it on with a red turtleneck and mother-goose broach.

15 comments:
OK Thing one: I am sorry Issac is still sick, hope he is better tomorrow! Thing two: I think I know something that will pep up our Tuesday Night Bible study. How about you start us out with that song you are doing in this post and you can wear those glasses. Um have you ever heard of a brow wax? And thirdly, that dress is definitely not you. You didnt buy it did you?
Dude I HAVE that jumper. ;)
This post made me laugh because I swear you read my mind. I have been feeling so weird lately because a couple of my friends have been blowing me off (that's not funny though) and I keep wondering if it's because I'm always joking. I am REALLY trying to keep my sarcasm under control (because let's face it, a lot of people just don't get me!) but I in turn find out I'm not being myself. So I have no friends. ;)
I am so sorry you sat on your plate! I would have been mortified. I HATE having the attention on me and would have done the same thing you did. Gotta laugh instead of cry, right? ;)
Cristi- I am trying to let my brows grow out where I can braid them. Some kinda weird postpartum hormone issue with excess brow growth...and thought it would be cool. My new jumper is so comfy- and it immedietly puts my mind into "serious" mode. As soon as I put it on I began singing the classic "In the Highways, and the hedges...I'll be somewheres' a workin' for my Lord." ;)
Melody, I understand- and I was glad I laughed it off too- I have been known to cry over strange things like this too- THEN I would have really come across as an emotional basket case. Where did you get your jumper? I had to look high and low for mine- but finally found it at a roadside garage and bake sale. It is in like new condition, and came with a neon fanny pack! YIPPEE! ;)
My mom actually bought me a jumper similar to this one when I went back to school to teach. Seriously! Ask Cristi if it made me "sober." Well, she probably doesn't remember me wearing it. It was quite comfortable. You should try one. It would go great in your little red schoolhouse. lol
Anyway, you should NEVER be intimidated by anyone! You are an amazing young woman and part of your charm is your quirky sense of humor. You're like I Love Lucy meets June Cleaver meets Martha Stewart (except for the prison record:). And I mean that in the BEST way. Now, go bake something with your apron on while you knit. Love ya
You realize you are going to be APOLOGIZING like crazy when people who really have that dress start commenting here dont you. LOL
Oh no!!haha I'll just go on and say I'M SORRY, in advance...
That's sweet Penny- I love you too- and I shouldn't end up in prison, unless braided eyebrows are illegal- then we might have trouble. :P
OK so I take it you are not going to remove sleep deprived from your blog description just yet. We are praying.
hehe-- It has been a rough week. Last night was a little better though- Amaus had a bad cough that I think was keeping him up for a few nights.
That jumper is HOT.
My comments work now! YAY!
Have you given up on blogging? See you tomorrow.
no...just been really busy. Hope to blog at some point today. :>)
Cristi stole my question!
Can i borrow that dress for Easter? I have given up on finding anything decent for a decent amount of money!
Yes indeed! come by and get it! ;)
Post a Comment