Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Louisiana Saturday night!



So here we go with another "what we've been doing" blog. I rarely get beyond those. I actually have alot to say about alot of things...but I just don't have much time to write about those "other" things. I love to write. I like writing about what God is doing in my life- the things He is teaching me. I am really interested in farm life, natural living, birth, all kinds of different trades, music, the arts in general, and lots more. Who knows if I'll ever be able to get around to writing about any of those things!

Anyway, last weekend was packed full of parties! We went to a petting zoo party on Sat morning, and a bowling birthday party on Sat afternoon. Beth and Beaux hosted a church crawfish boil at their house on Saturday night.

The petting zoo birthday party was awesome. I needn't say that I was really digging this llama they had there.(Hence, the many pics of that one animal :) ) It was so sweet! It would sniff you and follow you around the little pen. There were fainting goats, ducks, a rabbit, a pony, and a lamb. How cool!







The bowling party was also a hoot. Josiah and Isaac, well, haven't been bowling much. They actually throw the bowling ball over-handed and I couldn't offer much help in the way of lessons because I was also tending to Amaus. (However, my lessons might hinder their bowling. I average about 45 on a good game. hehe) I hope we didn't leave too many dints in the wooden floor.
I wish I could take credit for these bowling pics- they were taken by a Nikon D300 in the hands of a skilled photographer...maybe one day :)

That night we had a ball at the crawfish boil! I really like crawfish, I have figured out, but I also really like the corn and potatoes that go with it. There was this amazing dipping sauce too! We played some softball and just visited till later that night. It was a fun night of fellowship!

6 comments:

Penny said...

Who's birthday(s)? I like all of the pictures, especially the bowling ones. Too cute! But the picture on the top right of Amaus is gorgeous! That is my favorite of him so far. Can I have a copy of that one? =)

Amber said...

Do you suck the brains outta the crawfish? I've actually never had them. Can't say I'm too anxious about trying 'em either. ;-)

Cristi said...

Lovin those bowling pictures! What I couldnt do with that camera.

Mallory said...

yummm, that looks so good! i love the potatoes too, probably more than the crawfish itself =)

theglenns556 said...

Who did the petting zoo party? Was that local? Jonah would love that?

Calley said...

Yeah- My friends the Mccanns. I think the petting Zoo people are out of Jonesville or Gena. I can get the name for you if you are interested.