I couldn't resist including this other pic of a rainbow in Utah
On our way home from vacation, we decided to drive home through Colorado. We went through Aspen, and then through Independence Pass. It is a beautiful drive through high snow capped mountains. When we arrived up top of Independence Pass- we saw a patch of snow close enough for the boys to play in. We pulled over to the side- and then heard a loud noise coming from our motor.
Danny took a look, and it was majorly over-heating. After applying the process of elimination- he realized that the wiring to the fans that cool the motor had some sort of short in it, and was not working correctly. He thought for a minute, then went to the trunk of the van, coming back bearing my curling iron.
He then cut the wire off of the curling iron- stripped it, and re-routed the wiring to the fans so that they would run. We borrowed some electrical tape from a fellow tourist, and were soon on our way home with no more troubles. Sometimes this man amazes me. :)
6 comments:
Larry told Danny that he is a regular McGyver (sp?). LOL That was a good idea! It's in his genes, I guess. hehe
Love the rainbow pic!
My kids made snowballs on Father's Day on the Continental Divide the year we went to the GC. Alas, I had to sit in the van with my broken foot! =(
We went to Colorado after the Canyon. (And Sedona where I'd broken my foot.) We camped at Mesa Verde, heading up through Durango and went to Pike's Peak and Seven Falls. I wanted to stay in Colorado and NEVER come home. It is the most beautiful state I've EVER seen. (The canyon and Sedona were lovely, but I'm talking about a whole state.) I LOVED driving down the highway and pulling over because I spotted a waterfall on the side! I was amazed the whole time we were there, which wasn't near long enough! In that whole three week vacation--- The Canyon and Colorado are where I could have spent the WHOLE thing. Forget the Alamo! hehe and Carlsbad Caverns and the Pueblo Indian Acoma Sky City and Galveston and especially forget KANSAS. (We went all the way across Kansas, and the WHOLE STATE, even McDonald's smelled like one HUGE cow pasture!!! That is exactly what we saw, and only saw, along the highway... cattle ranches!) UGH!!! Kansas did, however, have the BEST steak dinner I've EVER eaten in my life! Go figure! LOL
That sounds like a really cool vacation! I never knew you borke your foot on it- what a bumber! Glad you still ended up having fun anyway! I LOVE Colorado too. Just gorgeous.
If you ever take the kids to Sedona to Slide Rock Canyon (a natural water slide) there IS a reason the locals are wearing their tennis shoes! ;) Also, if you are 36--- learn your limits! =)
Word verification word is trist. Hmmm.
i recognized the second picture before you even put a caption on it =) a year ago daniel's boss was wanting to move us to grand junction colorado to start up an office (we eventually decided against it since the cost of living there vastly outweighed his salary). while there we went to independence pass and took a bunch of pics playing in the snow there(it was august :)
like my mom said we LOVE colorado, and when i went on that trip with them i literally cried when we left and headed back to vidalia, lol. i LOVED the grand canyon as well...little did i know that daniel and i would be temporarily living there a couple of years later :)
and if my memory serves me correctly, my mom broke her toe not her foot ;) but the jokes that came from my dad over that incident were priceless =)
Wow that is crazy! It reminds me of his "pretty much anything can be done" sermon! LOL
WOW!!! Quite impressed!
Post a Comment