We have a new pet! The other day Danny was outside working and he heard a bustle of commotion over by a large pecan tree in our back yard. There was our dog, Bell, and our cat, Toby, making loud growling and barking noises at something on the ground. He ran over to see, and it was a tiny baby squirrel! He picked it up, and brought it inside for me to see. At first we thought it was seriously injured. It may have been, though you couldn't tell it now! Josiah was so excited! He has been wanting a pet squirrel for a year now. He had prayed for one a while back, and had been on the hunt for one for some time. When he saw that there might be a possibility that his little squirrel wasn't in perfect condition, he was concerned. I told him we needed to pray for our little friend. He prayed the sweetest little tearful prayer asking God to please heal our little pet.
It seems to be doing great now. I feed it through a medicine dropper. When we first got it it's eyes weren't even open yet. They opened about 2 days ago. What a cutie pie!
The boys have been very snotty with a cold over the last week. This morning, Isaac began throwing up. He has been moving really slowly all day. He just comes and lays down on the couch and goes to sleep without a peep. I'll ask him if he feels bad and he says, "No. I'm just tired." My poor little man. He had not been running fever all day, until this evening. I am praying that God will sweep over our house with a mighty healing. No more colds or anything! We have been eating veggis, drinking lot's of vitamin C drinks, and I have been giving the kids echinacea drops. They all seem to be bouncing back, except Isaac, who seemed great until this morning.
I could do another long post like my old one about "The Night of Never Ending Terrors", regarding last night, but I'll spare any readers the drama. Needless to say, I am looking forward to a very restful night. :)
Recently, the idea or "bones" if you will, for a Christmas musical came to me. I began working on the songs for it, and recruited Susannah to jelp me get the script written out for it. Since then we have worked pretty consistently on it, and have even began practicing. I think it is going to go great! I am hoping we will be able to present it to a nursing home or two, along with our church. All the thoughts of the holidays to come get me so excited! I can already smell the cinnamony scents of the holidays and it feels me with joy!
Life has been peaceful, and good lately. Nothing too new going on, apart from daily schooling, and tree house adventures. I am so thankful for the peace God has allowed us to live in, daily. When I think of the turmoil going on all over the world, I am so grateful for the bubble of comfort my family and I reside in.
Isaac felt cool in this old motorcycle helmet. LOL
Josiah and Isaac in their art aprons holding their creations
Amaus Birthday party. We had a small family gathering to celebrate his 1st Bday.
Family Bowling night
The boys used this cheater bowling thing...Isaac had to bring his tape measure and line it up with everything!
31st Birthday! I even got him to try Sushi!
Psalm 111: 4 He causes us to remember His wonderful works. How gracious and merciful is our Lord!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry that Isaac is sick! :-( I pray y'all recoup soon. We're still battling the coughs and snot up here. BLECH (that one's just for you).
Hope Isaac is better soon! We did the baby squirrel dropper feeding thing when I was a kid. My dad found a nest of 4 babies on the ground while he was hunting and knew the mother wouldn't come back so he brought them home. Momma took them to my school for show and tell. I don't think they survived, but I don't really remember. It was over 30 years ago. I know, Whoa, right? =)
What cute pics! I hope you guys get better soon. ((hugs)) Your squirrel is so darn cute!!!
Post a Comment