Josiah and Isaac both just recently celebrated their Birthday. Josiah is now 6 years old (Feb 11), and Isaac is now 4 (January 13)! We were planning to have a low-key party or day outing to celebrate this year, but ended up having cake and ice cream at the Reed House on a couple of Sunday afternoons. I cannot believe my boys are getting so big! I am continually blessed, and amazed at the intelligent, and sweet little men they are turning in to!
Isaac really likes tough guys and super heroes these days. Since he really isn't familiar with any particular hero, he is in the habit of making up his own. He thinks the big dog on top of Aaron's Furniture is called, "Super Dog". He is forever telling us about how tough "Super Dog" is. He makes up all kinds of crazy stories about how Super Dog or some other hero like "Turd Frog" jumped to the moon. Yes. I did say "Turd Frog". He is convinced that is the name of a frog who can jump higher than anything on earth.
Josiah is still into drawing non-stop and making things. That is pretty much all he cares to do- other than going exploring outside for interesting animals. I am so proud of him, and how well he is reading and doing in math. Last week he started doing some simple multiplication! He is doing so good in school.
We just signed Josiah and Isaac up for t-ball, and we are going to give Josiah a try at Boy Scouts in a couple of weeks. I really think he is going to love it!
We recently had an incredible snow day! It was a ton of fun! We loaded up with several members of our family, and headed to the nearest hill (THE LEVEE) and did some sledding, snow ball fighting, and snow man building! It was so fun!
We made it home, and spent the rest of the evening preparing for our church Valentine's Banquet. We had a ball eating some delicious food and playing the Not-so-Newlywed game. Good times.
The boys opening their Valentine's goody bags
We just finished up revival services at church this week. Man, was it good. We saw about 20 something people make the decision to become a christian and follow the Lord. Every night was incredible, and I was immensely blessed by the visiting preacher, Jack David Daniels (That is really his name).
Today the boys participated in a one mile fun run in Natchez. It was part of The River City Run for Kids. They had a blast! Aunt Beth (She and Uncle Beaux, along with our nephew Ben, had just finished the 10k) ran with Josiah, and Danny ran with Isaac. They did great! Josiah was actually 4th in the 6-7 yr old bracket. He was beat for the 3rd place spot by a few seconds. Isaac, was happy running/walking and checking out the sites. (probably pretending to be Superdog or something) At the end of the race, when he heard me cheering for him, he got this super tough, determined look on his face and went as fast as he possibly could! It was so hilarious!
Danny and Isaac about to finish...
Isaac notices me cheering
Amaus' response to the race
"Watch this mom! SUPER DOOOOG- TO THE RESCUE!!"
VRROOOOOM!
"That was pretty cool, huh?!!"
"I'm pretty much the fastest kid around!!"
"YEEESS!!!"
Beaux got 3rd in men's in his age bracket. Beth got 1st in her age bracket, and Ben got 3rd in his age bracket!
Well, I am happy to announce that in one week Danny and I, and the boys will be heading to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a 4 day getaway. We are all very excited! If there is still snow up there- we are going to sled and enjoy it. We plan on going to an indoor water park, and doing some other site seeing around town. I cannot wait! I don't know if it will work out time-wise or not, but hopefully we will be able to make a short stop in Huntsville, Alabama on the way home to see the US Space and Rocket center. I know the boys will love it! I went to space camp there when I was in 6th grade and thought it was awesome!
I cannot stop thinking about the upcoming spring and summer activities on the way! Growing up, and even in my early married life, I have always been a fan of winter. While I still love it, I am thinking that is changing and I am morphing into a spring/summer girl. I think those seasons are the funnest (at least where we live) with youngin's.
As of today- I officially finished my birth doula certification course!! I am so glad that I have that course behind me. I had a great time doing it- but am thrilled to not have the work load on me anymore! The last 6 weeks has been rather challenging to juggle, and I feel like I haven't gotten much sleep since the course began! Yay for early bed times and being able to spend my afternoons doing something other than reading doula books, writing essays, and taking tests! FREEDOOOOOM!!! Now for finding pregnant ladies who want a doula! lol I am thrilled about attending births!
Now let's see what I can cook up!
"I'm 4!"
"Mom. Stop embarassing me."
Josiah reading to Annie...
4 comments:
I have three ladies pregnant at my school. From what I have heard, one would not be interested, one HAS to have surgery for health problems including gall bladder surgery. The other "might" be don't know them well, but I will pass your card to the first and third one and see what happens. I have talked at length with the one that is having surgery and believe she has to do it that way. She is high risk because of a car accident years ago that left her with a blood pool (?) on her pelvis. She could really do damage if she tried to go vaginal. The other two, who knows?, but I will ask and give them your card. You are going to be the most amazing, compassionate Doula ever. Can't wait to hear your birth stories! God bless.
You are so sweet, Penny! Thanks!!!! :)
Make that FOUR pregnant women! I'm not the only kindergarten that had big news this morning. But, alas, another required c-section. :( If they only knew---- you'd have them lined up, taking numbers, like the DMV. lol
i love amaus's reaction to the race, lol! i get that reaction at all sporting events, haha :)
btw, i commented on your blog comment :)
Post a Comment