Well, everything seemed to go well when the social worker came to our house on Thursday and Friday. There were a few nerving moments, but all in all, things went well.
Danny and I had interviews on Thursday. We had one together and then we were each interviewed separately. We began those interviews at 9:30am and they were over about 1:40pm. Every question you can think of- we were asked. Then Friday the boys were interviewed. We also had to go over every jot and tiddle of our finances then too. While it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected (thanks to a super down to earth, sweet social worker), it was still a very tiring an draining process.
On Friday, we were also able to get all three of the boy's health checks tAken care of. They were all given the okay from a doc, and they have their papers all signed for the homestudy by the doctor. Danny and I will have health checks done as soon as possible.
After that, all we have to do is wait on our paperwork to come back from all of our back ground checks, and then we will be ready to review the entire homestudy. Most social workers take a couple of months on getting it ready. Our social worker usually gets it done in about three weeks. We will then have our internation social worker review it, to be sure everything is compliant with Hague standards.
The social worker seemed very positive and encouraging, so I'm doing my best not to be a "woman" on this, and meticulously review every detail of our interviews. This is in the Lord's hands, and we believe Him to do the work.
3 comments:
I'm still shocked by all the info you have to give up to adopt a baby from a 3rd world country. On one hand, I look at you and Danny and think "THAT CHILD WILL BE IN BETTER HANDS THAN MOST KIDS ALREADY IN AMERICA. GIVE THEM A BREAK!" And on the other, I guess I can understand they have to be careful. Glad it went so well. Still praying for you. Can't wait to meet her.
Things seem to be moving so quickly! How wonderful!
Glad it went well! Your Ms. White called today and told me the letter will be mailed tomorrow. :)
Post a Comment