The body of Christ is amazing. We have felt so supported and encouraged in this journey to adopt. We have never made a request for help, yet people who felt the need, calling, or want to- have come out of the woodwork with ideas, encouragement and support. It has been so touching.
*My friend Casey ran a giveaway on her blog for people who would purchase one of my aprons.
* Her mother and my friend, Cristi, also was brainstorming for fundraising ideas on our behalf. Through that, another friend, Nikki, who sells Tupperware, offered to hold an online party, and let all of the commission go towards our adoption.
*Mrs. Betty (my mother in law) and I held a garage sale on Saturday and were able to raise $1100 with enough stuff left to put on another garage sale!
(Several families, Penny and her family, my friend Laura, The Frederick family, Cristi, Linda, Mrs. Betty and Mr. Paul, and Beth and Beaux all donated stuff for us to sale)
*One sweet lady gave us $100 to put towards the adoption
*Another lady felt led to give $50
*One family felt led to give us $1000 (I mentioned this in a previous post)
*The aprons have brought in somewhere close to $600
All of this support and prayers have blessed us to have a few hundred dollars short of $4000 practically fall in our laps in a mere 5 weeks. We know this is a great miracle! We are truly left speechless as to how to thank all of the people who are praying for us and encouraging as we fulfill God's calling for us to adopt. It is impossible to think of ways to thank people who are literally reaching out as the hands of feet of Christ to help us bring our future daughter home to be in our family forever. What a beautiful picture of God's love shown through His children.I don't mind mentioning in detail as God provides the money for this adoption.
I read the most life changing book, George Mueller, Gaurdian of Bristol's Orphans, and he recorded every little amount people gave and contributed to rescue orphans. It was a mighty testimony of how God provided everything he needed to rescue children. Since then, I have decided there is no reason at all to be secretive about what God is providing. He answers prayer- and he gets all of the glory for providing everything we need!
We have several other fundraisers planned in the next couple of months.
*My sister, Grubby, is planning a softball tournament on October 23rd!! She has always been an awesome softball player- and her and her husband of a few weeks came up with this idea because they wanted to help.
*We are planning another garage sale on November 1st
*I am going to sale aprons at the New Orleans Baby Fest thanks to a sweet friend who purchased 3 aprons and then invited me to come and join her and a few other ladies to form a co-op of moms who make hand made things. I am praying to sell a ton of aprons that day- as well as the strength and time to sew them between now and October 2nd.
We are so excited about the things that are going on! We are still waiting on the FBI background check to be able to complete the homestudy! We are praying it comes in soon!
I missplaced my memory card reader and until I can make it to the store, I have not been able to load any new pics of children, aprons, etc! I am going to get caught up on that this week!
4 comments:
So glad you are planning another garage sale! I have stuff! I will drop it by in 2 weeks. Amazing how God provides. I just cannot wait to meet this little girl!
Sarah sent a trunk full of stuff back with us for your next sale! So glad and thankful that God is supplying your need according to His riches in glory. :)
I am glad you are having another sale because I forgot to get those Encyclopedias to you and I had a shelf I was suppose to get to you too. I forgot about that as well. So between now and then I should find some more stuff! I should probably get rid of the tons of books I have but sometimes those are hard to move on. :)
Oh thank you so much y'all! :D
Post a Comment