Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hopefully by next week our homestudy will be on the way to the USCIS. We have no other news regarding our adoption. I am constantly torn between whether I should be praying for a speedy process, or just praying the so spiritual sounding, "Your perfect timing, Lord." While that obviously sounds like the better of the two- I wonder inside if God wants this child out of an orphanage and into our family quickly, just like we do. That also seems logical. Since he has called us as the church to reach out to orphans in distress, and since distress is the state they're in or they wouldn't need homes- why not pray for that distress to be resolved quickly rather than slowly? I don't know. That's just a little of what's going on in this brain. To think of having over another year to go on the adoption after having nearly 6-7 months behind us now, seems like such a LONG time. I'm praying for miracles. I serve a miracle working God. However, I do know that He knows best for us all. That is my restful thought. We trust Him, He is working out each day of this process for our good and His glory.

 A picture of a hen on the back porch with a chick peeping out from under her wing.
These are some pics I took of the boys for Christmas. I wanted them to look like early 1900's newsies.




Our house is filled with the warmth and excitement of the holiday season right now! I cannot believe in a little over a week Christmas will be over. It's so strange how fast the season has flown by. I feel overwhelmed with joy of the last year God has given us. It has been a good year of learning and walking with my Jesus. I'm excited about the things ahead for our family, and for our church. I'm thankful that He is in control and I'm not. Serving Him is truly an adventure.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

The pictures of your boys are so cute!

Calley said...

Thanks Danielle! :)

Penny said...

LOVE the pictures and the Christmas card came yesterday. Missed y'all last night~ headache would not let up. :(

Cristi said...

These pictures are soooo cute. Great idea!

Avery's Mommy said...

LOVED your Christmas card. Great job! That picture of the hen is priceless!