Friday, December 31, 2010

Home study received by USCIS!

I will have a Christmas post coming soon. I put all of my Christmas pictures on my mom's computer in hopes of blogging, only to find later that they were all erased off of my card. Now she has some kind of issue with her computer and can't seem to get them to load in a email. :( She's going to try a flash drive next. The reason the blog never came either, was due to the same problem of not being able to get them to attach or load.

Anyway, we received a receipt from USCIS in the mail yesterday, dated December 22. There was a number on the receipt so I decided to call and ask about the estimated wait time for us. Evidently, I have this thing for government numbers, and checking on statuses, and I just can't let them sit un-called. LOL So I did call and check, and the lady that I spoke with said that they were at about a 45 day wait right now. I don't know if she meant 45 days until they get to our case, or 45 days until they're finished with it. I guess I'll have to call back to check again. *ahem  ;)

Anyway, I am busy preparing our Show Hope application, dossier stuff, and praying, praying, praying for speed, favor, and blessing on the coming weeks of waiting. Show Hope gives adoption grants to some families on a need basis. We have applied online, and have to send in a packet of information and letters within 30 days of our online application to be considered. We are working on the latter of that process and praying for an adoption grant. They are usually around $2000- $3000 if approved. That would be such a blessing to us.

Christmas stuff coming soon!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

I have supported Show Hope for years. I hope
y'all can get a grant from them.

Avery's Mommy said...

You SO deserve the Show Hope grant. I'll be praying for that along w/ speed, favor, and blessing on the coming weeks :)

Good to see y'all this weekend.

Calley said...

Thanks so much y'all! :) It was good to see y'all too Casey!

Cristi said...

Cant wait to find out about the grant. Praying it will be awarded to you and will be abundantly above all that you could ask for or think of. :)