Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Praying against the Flood

If you read my blog- please pray for our town. We live on the banks of the Mississippi River. The river is supposed to rise to a very dangerous level. We have a levee- but there are never any guarantees that the levee will hold. The pressure of the rising river against the levee at that level could possibly break in a weak spot and demolish our town- and several towns beyond ours. Our home is somewhere around 1/2 a mile- to 3/4 of a mile from the Mississippi river.

I have been told that the town mayor and city officials will meet with the Corps of Engineers today to decide if we should evacuate! We have decided to move our cows to Danny's sister's home on higher ground in Mississippi, because it would be impossible to move all of them at the last minute. We are praying about whether we should move some of our belongings as well. Please join us in praying for a miracle!!
http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/2011/05/03/predicted-crest-raised-to-65/

It's a wonderful thing to know we serve a God who leads us and directs our lives! We do not have to fear! We know He still has many plans for our lives that will come to pass with or without a flood! INCLUDING bringing our daughter home from Peru- We cling to His word. He is with us in all things!

4 comments:

Becky Ryder said...

Ugg.. praying for you! Its a scary thing but I'm believing with you God has it all and He'll give you peace. Hugs from Georgia.

Calley said...

Thank you so much!

Casey said...

I am praying with you.

Amber said...

Robby and I are praying. I love you.