We received approval to adopt in Peru. (Yesterday, or the day before) Once again, God's picture is a little clearer for us now. USCIS had approved us for 2 children, ages 0-6 yrs of age. Peru approved us for one child, at least one year younger than our youngest child. I am very saddened by that approval, to be honest. We have seen very few (in several months), as in 2-3 children, on the list within that age range. We are very open to adopting achild with special needs, but do not believe the few listed were for us. There are lots of people who view this list and are waiting on children that young to come through- which happens very rarely. Most of the time if they are that young- they have very extreme special needs.
I will quote the encouraging words of a friend who responded to my sadness in the given approval range. "This has not taken God by surprise." I know He is leading. This will all just be a greater miracle to watch unfold. I think the ones who are Peruvian adoptive families will know fully how great a miracle it will be, since they too see how rare this is. I refuse to let Satan destroy my faith in this. God is in control. I will continue to stand on His word to our family.
This makes things a little clearer for us in some ways. No more swimming through the list wondering how and what to ask about. I can skim through 400+ kids in about 5 mins when I am looking for kids 2 or younger-because there are only about 2 or less on each list.
We would appreciate your continued prayers for our family. We are focusing on the approximate $8000 we still need to raise. We have another garage sale in August, and praying about what else we can do to raise the rest of the money we need to go to Peru.
The scriptures I felt led to post around our home 2 days ago, make perfect sense now.
Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:24
...that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:5
2 comments:
THE HAND OF GOD IS MIGHTY!
I can completely understand your being discouraged (I'm sure I would feel that way too), however, like you stated, this is all part of the plan somehow. God's plan, not necessarily Calley's/Danny's/etc plan. And it's way more awesome than anyone else could create on their own. Keep your chin up lady.
Post a Comment