Friday, July 29, 2011

What's going on, anyway?

Things have been going good. We are getting geared up to start school- although I am still a little behind on ordering our homeschool stuff- specifically all of Josiah's. I plan to do that next week. Ordering new books, etc, seems to get a little more confusing each year. I pretty much always dread it. I want to hide in a hole and put it off for another week. : / After it's over- we put ourselves in "GO GET 'EM" mode.

Amaus our 2 year old (who will be 3 in September) is swimming! I haven't recorded a good video of him yet, but when I do- I'll share. This week he actually started lifting his head up for a breath, instead of just swimming face down the entire time. I am so proud of him!

Our family has been praying fervently for our child to be on this month's list. We are at peace with knowing God is in control. We believe our miracle is on the way- and that is exciting beyond words.

We have another garage sale coming up the second weekend in September. I am wracking my brain for other fundraising ideas. I am making some bracelets that I'm selling locally and we are considering doing another chicken dinner sale. I also may have a purse and jewelry sale at my house. We shall see. A friend of mine, and my mother in law suggested us having an art sale. They are both very creative painters.
 We need somewhere around (this is just an estimate, as we aren't exactly sure of what all of our expenses will be when we travel to Peru and stay for 3 1/2- 4 weeks) $9,000-$10,000. We sincerely believe God is going to provide all that we need to complete this adoption, debt free. We are "greasing our elbows" for the work ahead.

6 comments:

Diane Maguire said...

I always love reading your updates. They are always so uplifting. Keep them coming.

Rhonda LaBatt said...

Have you tried applying for a grant from Lifesong? They are a Christian non-profit who found us a matching grant. With their help we raised nearly $10,000! Just something to consider. :) I start homeschooling our three girls next week- we will be able to compare notes! :)

Cristi said...

Art sale sounds interesting!
Jewelry party sounds great!
I have some stuff for the garage sale, just let me know when you are ready for it.
Praying with you guys daily!

Becky Ryder said...

I have seen several families fundraise with puzzles. Buy a piece for $5, $10 ect. If you have a good mailing list/church helps/FB then that could be good. I will pray along with you your little is on the list:)

Savories of life said...

Your blog is a blessing and I jsut found it. Do follow me. I want to invite you to enter my earring giveaway as they would look pretty on you! It ends tonight.

Savories of life said...

You can do support your blog and you can maybe use kickstart.