Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Let the Little Children Come to Me"

On Sunday night we had a band called Fire in Salem come and lead our church in praise and worship. Anway, the lead singer also preached, and it was a very awesome service! Our family had such a great time worshiping together, probably more so than ever. Even Amaus was joining in on the worship service. Josiah and Isaac clapped, and jumped up and down. At one point at the end of the service, when the Lord was really moving, I turned around to check on Josiah, who was standing behind me in the back of the church. He had both of his hands lifted up high, engrossed in praising the Lord. It was beautiful.

After the service, when we went home, we began talking about Jesus. There's nothing I love more than for my kids to come to me with genuine questions about their faith, and about knowing God more. Josiah asked me about hearing God's voice. He told me that he has trouble knowing what is God's voice. We talked for a while about how Jesus speaks to us through so many different ways, and if we listen we will hear His heart. He went on to express how he really wanted to hear God speak to Him.

Each morning in school, we start out with a little devotion, and then work on a scripture for memory from a scripture memory program called, Scripture Memory Fellowship.
The scripture this week just so happened to be:
"I am He who speaks unto you." John 4:26
The devotion for that morning just so happened to be about hearing God's voice. It told the story of Samuel hearing the voice of God as a child in the temple.

What an opportunity I had to show Josiah how Jesus was talking to Him right then- in telling Him how he speaks, and how He leads. I was able to remind him of how much God loves him, and how there was no coincidence in the scripture and devotion we had for the day.

There are some who believe that children are too small to understand the ways of the Lord. But, if we as adults open our eyes, we can clearly see how the hand of God is working and moving to draw even the smallest children unto Him. What an awesome God He is!

2 comments:

Toni said...

wow Calley. that is awesome. I cannot imagine the feeling as a mother watching your child worshipping God with hands held high. I know that was truly a wonderful blessing!

Penny said...

These conversations are exactly why I am REALLY going to miss Sunday mornings with your little fellows! Crazy how close I've grown to Josiah over the last couple of years in that little yellow Sunday school room. Isaac's been mine since the Wed. nursery nights. Now, I'll get to bond with Amaus every third and fourth Sunday. :)
We all noticed y'all worshipping together the other night. Sweetest family I know. :)