Sunday, August 28, 2011

SNA wants more stuff...

We heard from SNA Friday. They want a letter from a psychologist specifically touching on our capability to take care of our three small children, and one more. I was disappointed to find that out, mainly because my heart longs deeply for resolve. Having resolve in a week felt so much better than a month.

SNA did say that they found our letter of request very touching, and that there was nothing left that they expected us to put in it. We covered it. They are trying to help us make sure we have what we need that will be helpful to the board when they go over our file, and decide whether this little girl is suitable for our family.

I've called the Christian psychologist we used previously, and he is reviewing the little girl's file, and our file, and seeing what needs to be done. We aren't sure yet if we are all going to have to go in for another appointment or not. One thing is certain. Even after we do all of these things SNA is asking for, they still reserve the right, and the possibility is still there, that someone on the board will tell us 'no' at consejo time. We are doing our best to rest in the Lord right now. If this little girl is ours, there is nothing that can stand in the way.

Thursday and Friday of this week were hard days. I feel emotionally drained. Like some huge part of my life is hanging in the balance, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to settle it. There is a good bit on my plate right now, as we have begun school, and I have been selling some hand made bracelets for the adoption, locally. After a really tough couple of days, I have resigned to allot Fridays for bracelet making day, because there is just no way I can do all that I need to do each day for school and household, and make 20 bracelets, too. The good side of all of this is, I am selling lots of bracelets!

We are very thankful for all of the folks praying and believing with us right now. We greatly appreciate it.



2 comments:

Cristi said...

Lift praises to the worthy King, the one who holds your life hanging the balance in His Hands! He makes all things beautiful in His time.

Paige said...

I really believe that the SNA has the best interest of the child as their ultimate goal, that at least has been my experience. Hold fast to your faith, knowing that others are lifting you up before the Father. His plans cannot be thwarted by the SNA. Hugs, friend.