We received a call Monday afternoon, letting us know that we would not be able to find anything out at this month's consejo. The sudden change came because a new president was elected in Peru recently. Last week, he appointed a new adoption director. Thursday of last week, the new adoption director announced a new rule, that all documents for consejo had to be originals, stamped by an appointed translator. Before, documents could be emailed or faxed for consejo, assuming the originals were to follow. Because of that, and the fact that all documents had to be submitted by Friday for this week's consejo- we could not make this consejo.
There comes a point where you feel almost numb to bad news, in adoption. Not completely, but I've almost had to put my emotions on the shelf and decide to move forward knowing that God is in control here. I say almost, because I went through the whole day very disappointed but not really feeling the news sink in. That night I broke down and sobbed for a while. That sob-fest ended in a really amazing time with the Lord. It ended with me getting my focus back on the one guiding this whole thing. Any time I find myself distracted, disappointed, or mad at situations... I have to go through that same process of realizing all over again that I'm not the one writing this story. When I try to, I'm stealing some of the glory my Lord is due, anyway. He is the author. He is the finisher. He's going to make this whole thing how He desires it.
It's miraculous how worship brings me away from being controlling, and back into surrender. That's what I felt the Holy Spirit leading me to do. The news finally penetrated the surface shell of dates, papers, rules, deadlines...and hit my very heart. The real heart of me, where my dark skinned, dark eyed, little Peruvian daughter is waiting on me to hug, nurture, and cherish her, as my own. I could hear the Lord calling me to praise Him. It hurts at first, when I want to feel sorry for myself and be mad at somebody for disrupting my schedule. But as the praise goes up, a truly spectacular thing takes place. I start to realize who I am again. I start to remember how much my Creator loves me and would never leave me. I am reminded that He knows best of all. I am aware once again that He is Lord. I knew it all the time, but sometimes my attitude says something different. It's a relief to be reminded all over again who is fighting for Me.
So the next day was much better. We found out at some point after the first call, that the consejo ended up being cancelled. Sometimes they will reschedule another one in a few weeks. If they don't reschedule, then Lord willing, we will be ready for the October consejo. I am praying that everything else moves forward smoothly. There could be more changes on the way in the Peruvian adoption department, and my prayer is that they will be positive changes that will benefit the precious children of Peru.
2 comments:
at the end, when you finally hold her in your arms, not only will the wait be "worth" it...but you will understand it's purpose. hang on, dear one, the same One who gave you this dream will bring it to fruition. hugs.
Praying Gods blessing and protection on you and yours!
Post a Comment