My mom and step dad live in Little Rock, and they watched the boys while we headed on to Branson!
We really, really enjoyed the time away to focus on each other. What a blessing the weekend was! I also got to see my best friend since childhood, and her husband- who also were attending the conference. After the conference was over, on Saturday- we were able to have lunch with she and her husband, and sweet new baby.
Northern Arkansas- I love you!
This is my, "Arkansas, You run deep in me" pose. (If you're from AR you know what I'm talking about! ;)
Just me and Danny
Another cool thing we were able to do was stop and do a little flea marketing. Love it. I scored an old milk can with a lid. I've been eyeballing those on ebay for a while- and got this one for $15!
We had an awesome time strolling around Branson, shopping, and at the conference.Danny and I stayed at a Victorian style hotel that was really nice. The room was a suite and we had a full breakfast there on Saturday morning. A yummy start!
We had dinner Friday night at Macaroni Grill. Yum.
We had an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms that could have been a meal in themselves. Oh yes. I was excited. They were delish.
On our way home, when we were about 45 minutes from our house, we broke down. Our motor went ker-plunk. (In the real sense of "ker-plunk". I don't know mechanic lingo- but our motor is shot. : / )
So what do you do when you're stuck on the side of the highway waiting on a country "tow"? (Grandeddy to come with a trailor...)
Take pictures!!
And throw dirt clods...
And take a little break in the grass for throwing them at your brother...
AND, take off your shirt and see who has the biggest muscles...
And run down a freshly plowed field as fast as you can...
faster and faster...
Stare across the road at the only eating joint in town, and wish it wasn't closed down...
AND, stare across the road at the auto part store, and wish it wasn't closed down...
(Of course, after being sure our motor, yes, did in fact go ker-plunk, we would have had to move into town to repair that while waiting!)
And then gather up small fluffs of cotton left behind...
Relax and chew on a blade of grass...
Have a few friends stop by to visit...
(Mark, above, was in our youth group for years, and his parents are the children's pastors at our church, and our very good friends. He was also heading back home from Arkansas and saw us on the side of the road! Funny!)
And visit with a local retired mechanic when he stops by to share some wisdom with us...
AND conversate with a local policeman who went to fetch an old spark plug for us,
as we thought that was the only issue at first. Talk about friendly folk!
We are praying about what to do next regarding our vehicle!
We had a tremendous weekend, though. I love my husband so much. He truly does whatever he can to surprise, please, and treat me. What an awesome man he is. I can say with full honesty, that our 9 years of marriage (celebrating on October 5th), have gotten better and better with each passing year. (And our first year of marriage was good, too!)
What a blessing it is to be married to such a godly, giving, joyful, and FINE hunk of a man! :D Yes indeed.
Only 1 week until consejo. Eeek.
No comments:
Post a Comment