So normally I'm the one who can't stand waiting on these adoption updates and I just have to call and check up on things. Today, though, Danny wanted me to call and check on our I800, even though I was tying my best to force myself to wait until Thursday or Friday. Well, turns out we were assigned an officer and we have been told that if they don't need any other evidence, they'll be finished with it in 2-3 days!!! We can travel when we have the document called the Article 5 that they issue after they approve the I800. They'll mail it, and when it's on the way, we can begin making travel plans!
One thing we also have to line up is an appointment with the adoption authority in Peru, SNA. Usually they like to meet with adoptive families on a Monday, so more than likely we will fly to Lima on a Friday or Saturday. We will meet with a psychologist there, I believe, before traveling to Iquitos to finally meet our daughter. We are praying that they will be able to schedule an appointment with us quickly, and we will not have to wait longer for that!
2 comments:
I hope your getting packed, LOL! Here's a couple things I think really helped me in Uganda: probiotics, wipes, extra toothbrushes for when u accidentally stick it under the faucet, ziplock, and a tiny vial to put some sand or dirt in from the orphanage. We went through customs and they didn't care about the soil. On the declarations form on the return trip, they'll ask about you bringing soil back!
Yay! We're getting closer to meeting our Princess! :) Sounds like Becky's giving good advice. :)
Post a Comment