Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Beautiful Afternoon

We had a wonderful time yesterday in Lima. We had a delicious lunch with the Ardiles', and the boys played for a while in the side garage/courtyard. They rested and watched a little move, and then we all went on a van tour around the city. We went to Miraflores, San Borja (?), and a few other places. We stopped several beautiful lookout points in Miraflores. It reminds me a lot of California. Absolutely gorgeous.












































































A.P, Fiorella, Anita












The houses are side by side, connecting wherever you go. We are amazed at how people are walking to and fro on the streets at all hours of the night. It's sort of funny, but I'm figuring out that people in Lima are not afraid to use their horns! There's always a good bit of honking going on! When people drive past the Ardiles' home, or perhaps anywhere, they give off a few honks. (Even in the middle of the night) The driving would give many people a heart attack. There is no respect for lanes, and the cars drive, at times, within a few inches of one another if they re trying to get around another car.
















Leelee is helping us so much!! <3




















Isaac was A.P.'s right hand man.




























There are beautiful flowers everywhere!!
Our new friends Angus and Anita, (Angus is the pastor of the Union Church, and his wife Anita is the daughter of Señor and Señora Ardiles), went with us on the tour around the city. We had such a great time with them.
They stayed at the Ardiles home that evening and we got to visit for a while. We had a some good fellowship as we each shared various stories about the Lord moving in the lives of, and directing His people. There were some teary moments, as we recalled the ways God has directed us straight to Camila.
Tomorrow morning, we meet with a psychologist at SNA to be prepped for meeting Camila. It is where we receive the official release to go and visit her at the orphanage. Please pray for this appointment to go well. SNA wants us to bring the kids for this meeting, and I am praying for our little guy to be rested up and cheerful by then, because he hasn't been in the best of moods.
Everyone got a great night of sleep last night. I was OUT. We are heading to the Union church this morning and then coming back to the Ardiles home for lunch. We will probably just hang out, play some games with the kids, and rest up for the appointment and flight coming tomorrow.
I am just so grateful to Debbie and Tomi (Tomi is Señor and señora Ardiles' son) for being so kind to contact us and set up our stay with their family in Lima. What a kind and generous family they are! They are also adopting from Peru, and have been such a joy and encouragement to our family. We hope we will be able to have them for a visit in the south sometime!
I am overwhelmed with emotion about meeting our little girl. I grow through moments, still, of feeling like this is all a dream, and feeling so distant from this huge thing that's about to make place. But when I stop and remind myself of the reality of actually going and meeting our daughter...I am simply beside myself. We are praying for God to prepare our sweet Camila in all ways. We are praying for God's presence to give all a peace in the middle of the nervousness, and for Camila's fears to be wiped away.

9 comments:

Penny said...

I'm sure you are overwhelmed~ I am, too, just by picturing you holding her for the first time! :) Peru looks beautiful and Camila is going to be so grateful one day to see all the pictures of her original "homeland." May God continue to grant His favor the rest of your journey! :)

Amber said...

This is so exciting! I cannot wait to hear the story of your meeting- it's going to be told countless times for the rest of your lives. :) I am praying and believing.

Jo Ann said...

I love hearing your thoughts about going to get your daughter. I imagine my Momma and Daddy on their way to get me! They had wanted a little girl for so long, and they finally got the okay, and came to pick me up. Not all the psych stuff or 3-4 weeks preparation, they just came to pick me up, sight unseen. I love y'all so much! Hope all goes wonderfully.

Beth said...

Enjoying the updates. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Rhonda LaBatt said...

Blessings and prayers from us! So excited for you and understand everything you're going through! Praying for great favor of God to be on you. ♥

Calley said...

Thanks so much for the prayers! I'm just releasing my posts sn realizing that they have tons of typos! Y'all might have to forgive me in that this month- I'm having to do it quick! Blessings! Love and miss you all!

Debbie said...

Calley, so enjoyed all of the pics...I laughed when I read your comments on the noise. Pictures are always so quiet and serene and Peru is NEVER quiet. It's totally crazy, I know, but always my first night back in Peru I lie in bed and listen to the noise and feel like I'm coming back to life again. : ) Silly, huh? Anyway, we have you on our minds especially today, praying you through each little step, overwhelmed by the hugeness of it! We are honored and humbled that the Lord would use us even in a small way on this beautiful journey!

Paul Reed said...

Hllelujah!!!!!!

Cristi said...

That pasta dish looks wonderful! Pictures are so great! Thinking of you all this morning with prayer. Thanking God for his miracles taking place even now. Love you guys and cant wait to hear more.