Danny and I have had some stomach issues for over a week now. My stomach issues were very terrible for a day or two, and I have had pretty painful stomach cramping several times throughout the day since. Danny, on the other hand, wasn't so bad off in the beginning, but has gotten progressively worse. I noticed him looking very peaked and dragging around a good bit today, and I think it was because of the combination stomach issues and possibly him being dehydrated.
After talking with our friend Tomi in the states, who is a physician and who is the Ardiles' son, he strongly urged us to get a parasite test done as soon as possible. Parasites are common in Peru, and apparently uber common in the jungle regions. He is concerned that if it were merely something that we ate while in Iquitos than we should have been over it in 24-48 hours. It's been over a week now.
Some of the best parasite experts of South America work here in Lima, and Tomi is familiar with the labs, etc. So we are supposed to take care of that in the morning. We are praying it is no big deal and even if it is some kind of parasite that has been ailing us, it will be something minor that can be treated with antibiotics.
SeƱor Ardiles went to get us some pepto and some kind of drink that replenishes your electrolytes. The Ardiles' are awesome and taking good care of us. Thankfully, besides being a little weak, we are still functioning as usual between stomach issues that occur off and on throughout the day.
Please, family and friends at home, do not be worried about us! We are okay, and I feel confident it's something minor. :) Thanks for praying with us, friends.
3 comments:
Praying for you all!
So sorry:( look,at sypmptoms for giardiasis. When you get home and still want to treat a tummy bug naturally, try Paragon byRe New Life. We did it after Africa:) prayers still coming!!
I pray it's nothing serious. Love y'all!
Post a Comment