Fiorella joined us, and Anita and Angus met us to say goodbye.
We got back to the Ardiles' just in time to finish packing in a hurry, grab a shower, and say goodbye.

- Leaving the Ardiles' home


It was very sad to say goodbye to this wonderful family. They were such a joy to get to know and we look forward to staying in touch with them. I cannot say enough what a blessing they have been to us. We love the Ardiles' and the Lamonts and will miss them so much!
Everything went very smoothly at the airport. Besides the recuperation time after little sleep, I'm sold on this night flying! There were relatively short lines everywhere. Also, senior citizens, people with small children, and expectant moms are given the preference in lines and waiting rooms. It's so great! Like, some employee is typically watching and even if the line is really long, they bump those people to the very front. It's quite nice, actually.
I'm just wondering how they tell senior citizens and pregnant people to move up in the line. Is it,
"You look old enough. Move on up in the line."
Or, "You look pregnant. You can go to the front." (??)
That might not be a job where you make too many friends.
Ha! Or maybe the people waiting consider it a partial blessing and think it might not be so bad to look old or always pregnant if you get to be in the front of every line.
Anyhoo, we got to breeze through most lines and all was well. Camila had a couple of crying moments at the airport but was completely asleep by the time we boarded our flight.
The flight went well, although I'm about as good of a sleeper on an airplane as I used to be on the school bus. I really always envied those kids who could lean their head on the school bus window and never seemed to notice their teeth rattling in the process. I felt the same envy as I stared admiringly at the seasoned travelers who had their cute little neck pillows, all snuggled into position for a night of snoozing aboard the plane. I alternate between leaning my head on the metal arm rest, wrapped in the complimentary blanket, and resting my head on the tray table. It's just not ideal.
No complaints here though. Camila (and Danny! How can men sleep through anything?!) was happy and asleep, so I didn't care so much that there was little shut-eye going on.
We got to Houston at around seven and got a rent-a-car. When we began driving out in the open Texas countryside, it really felt wonderful. I wanted to stick my head out of the window and let my tongue hang out! America! How I love thee!
When we got home the boys were waiting outside for us. They sprinted towards the van, and practically knocked us down when I opened the door. It was so, so good to hold and hug my boys. I just cannot express how much I missed them.
Camila absolutely loves her house. She plays non-stop. She adores being able to run outside in the grass and jump on the trampoline. She is doing very well!

Camila's first bath!! She thought is was great! There were only showers at the orphanage so I believe Camila always had a sort of "cup" bath. In the tub, she pretends to kick and swim. She had a ball!


Giving Faith some sugar

Camila also loves our cat, Rosa!

Camila with my shoes on, and her new Dora microphone


"All in a day's work!"
Posted using BlogPress from my
iPhone
4 comments:
She is beautiful, Calley. You were meant to have a daughter! Awesome, awesome. I cannot wait to meet her!
Rejoicing with you that you're home, Calley! Our small group from church met tonite, they've all been praying you through this journey with us and there was celebration to hear you were home with that sweet little girl. I know you've been a blessing in Lima...I'm so thankful for God's working in your time there!
Welcome home! : )
OK, I caved! and I was fine until you talked about the boys attacking you! ;) Anyway, my mascara is still intact and I'm off to work. Ditto to Amber's and Debbie's comments. :)
So so happy you all have made it home safe and finally have the little girl you have been dreaming of home with you!
Post a Comment