It's been slightly difficult the last couple of days only because Camila isn't very interested in sleep. She wants to play and her desire is for play time to never, never end. I can understand that, considering where she came from and the circumstances surrounding her last few years of life. She runs from one end of the house to other laughing and grabbing toys like she is in heaven! However, she becomes very, very tired and grumpy, yet she doesn't want to be rocked or want to lay down. She wants to try to play more. She will lay down if I can lay down with her for an entire nap. But that's close to impossible with three other children, two of which no longer need naps. Part of the reason she can never go into a deep sleep is because she forces herself to open her eyes every fifteen minutes or so to see if I'm still laying beside her. It's just not good rest. Camila does not want to be left alone to sleep. I'm working on figuring out how to make all of this work, as she learns that we aren't going anywhere and she can let herself go to sleep. I'm going to attempt rocking her in a room away from the living room this evening and see if that helps her get her mind off of play.
I can just about liken Camila's process of learning to trust, to my walk with the Lord, on so many levels. You know, the truth is, I'm still learning to trust and rest in the middle of the darkness of life. I'm still learning to be able to let myself have peace; To not have to check on things constantly to make sure it's all going to be okay. I still need constant words, constant guidance, and constant affirmation in this thing called life.
The Lord has given me such an incredible example to follow in parenting. He never grows weary of my questions, my need for His words to reassure me, or my constant desire to be near Him. In fact, He promised to be with me always, before I even knew what that promise meant. He never gives up on me in my irrational worries or even my crazy habits. He's lovingly walking with me, and being patient with me as He teaches me each day. Lord, help me to be like you.
Yet you brought me safely from my mother’s womb
and led me to trust you at my mother’s breast. (Psalm 22:9 NLT)
As one whom his mother comforts, So I will comfort you; (Isaiah 66:13 NKJV)
It's pretty amazing that God would compare His comfort to the comfort a mother gives.
We as humans learn so much about the love of the Father from those who respond to our needs and give us guidance while we are growing up. We as parents learn so much about unconditional love and patience from our heavenly Father.
I cannot even begin to express how wonderful it has been to have so many friends and family members write us, call us, come to see us, drop off meals, bring by something, and just say they love us. Wow. We will forever be blown away by the generosity and hospitality of the Body of Christ. I cry daily as I receive a word of encouragement, a call, or a hug right when I need it most. To know so many people are rejoicing with us is a great blessing to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
When we got home on Saturday, I had a huge surprise waiting. My mother in law and father in law, Mrs Betty and Mr Paul, and my sister in law, Beth, had given my yard and flower beds an "Extreme Yard Makeover"! Man! It is BEAUTIFUL! There are pots overflowing with flowers, roses, beds lined in rocks, cedar chips...the works! I absolutely love it! I cried my eyes out (Okay, so apparently I do that a good bit!) when I saw it. Half of the tears were from the beauty, and the other half were from the kindness that went in to all of the obvious work. It is just gorgeous. I have such an awesome family. <3













2 comments:
That was sweet! I'll say it again, Camila has been welcomed into an amazing family! :)
Hope Camila adjusts quickly and starts sleeping. Love ya
What a thoughtful gift!
Post a Comment