Search from the book of the Lord, and read; Not one of these shall fail; Not one shall lack her mate. For my mouth has commanded it, and His Spirit has gathered them. Isaiah 34:16
God's promises never fail. Never. We as humans have a hard time accepting that at times, especially when circumstances or situations seem hopeless. But when God said He will provide, He meant it. When God said He will deliver people, He meant it. When God said He will heal, He meant it. When God said He will direct the steps of the righteous, He meant it. When Jesus said He will be with us always, He meant it.
Over the last week, we have seen God's promises come to pass in our family. A dream that God gave me three years ago finally came to pass. A promise the Lord gave to us two years ago was fulfilled.
About two years ago I woke up with a heavy heart, wondering how our family was going to come up with $30,000.00 to pay for the adoption process we knew the Lord had led us to begin. I suppose it was doubt that was rising up in me. I mean, would God direct us to do something He wouldn't provide for? No indeed. But that is just a whole lot of money. At the time, the first few thousand were due, and while we knew we could care for another child, and any child God told us we could care for, we didn't (don't) have thousands of dollars sitting around in the bank waiting on a rainy day.
That morning two years ago, I sat in the green recliner in my living room by the fireplace, and began to weep.
"God!" I cried out. "Where are we going to get this money? This is so much bigger than us. Please show me what we are supposed to do here."
And that was when I opened up my daily devotional and read the first verse at the top.
Take this child and nurse him for Me, and I will give you your wages. Exodus 2:9
As the Holy Spirit engulfed me in our little living room, I was so confident in the voice of the Lord, and it's reassurance to my doubtful heart. The Lord met me right there in my doubt that day and confirmed to me once again that He had set our feet onto the path of adoption, and that He would also provide all that we would need along the way.
He has. As of today, as we finished off crossing our T's and dotting our I's from spending 5 weeks in Peru, and paying people, agencies, governments, transportation, medical care... (etc, etc, etc), our adoption has been paid in full. It ended up costing more to the tune of $32, 000.00 to bring our daughter home from Peru. God took care of every, single, penny. 5 garage sales, 1 art sale, 60 something donated paintings, 300 something hand made bracelets, piles of scrap iron, 120 hand made aprons, 2 chicken dinner sales, one tupperware party, one Premiere jewelry party, saving, thousands in donations, one Show Hope grant, and 50 t-shirts later...our adoption is paid in full. All Glory to God!
God is so faithful. My heart rejoices that the Lord never leaves His children. He leads, He directs, and He provides.
Whatever great thing God has called His children to do, is not too great for Him to finance. We were the most unlikely family to adopt...but Jesus called us out and clearly pointed us in the direction of our daughter, Camila. We have learned so much of God's faithfulness over the last two years. We have so much more to learn, as we also cling to His promises regarding our family and the lives of our children and all those we love.
God has a promise for every circumstance you and I face. It's our choice whether we will choose to believe Him and His Word, or trust our own fears and receive fear's reward. The thing is, there is no reward in fear and selfishness. It yields no fruit, and in time, the very tree withers away and dies. But there is life and peace and victory in trusting the promises of the Lord. There is nothing that will move heaven and earth like a child of the King clinging to HIS Word above any diagnosis, trial, or hopeless situation. If God said it, we can trust it. Period.
Thank you God for the living proof I have staring up at me every day of what YOU alone can bring to pass if we will only trust. There are new breakthroughs needed in our day in day out living- but there are eternal promises waiting to be stood upon so that we may continually trust in Him, the only One who is able to bring about true victory and restoration. These promises never fail.
3 comments:
Amen! What an awesome testimony to God's greatness!!
Amazing, isn't it?! :)
I remember believing and waiting for Shelbi to start talking~ picturing her giving her testimony in our church. It was several years of no visible progress on her part~ then she takes a speaking role in a skit and the next night shares her testimony! God never fails! :)
I haven't been able to comment in awhile! I'm so happy for all 6 of you! Camila is beautiful! God is so amazing and it is so wonderful to see him work!
Post a Comment