Thursday, April 26, 2012

VICTORY!




This evening we went to the embassy and things went very quickly. We met with the American consulate who was very nice and helpful.

All of the documents were there, and so the consulate told us the visa will be ready tomorrow afternoon!!

Danny will arrive tonight, and we'll likely fly home together tomorrow night! Ha! I will be grateful for his assistance on the plane with Camila, and going through immigration at the airport! I can't wait to see him tonight!

On other things, as I mentioned before, Camila will soon go to see our pediatrician and a pediatric neurologist in New Orleans. But she is doing awesome. The consulate was as confused as we were about her file and the claims it made.

Also, as I was reading about electroencephalograms this morning, I found out that it is always recommended that patients be off of any seizure medication or sedatives before taking the test, because they commonly cause abnormal waves in the test. Camila had been unnecessarily prescribed both (and on one of them for over a year). I'm not sure why this neurologist didn't know that- but we will have the the necessary tests redone and trust the Lord to direct us as He has since the beginning, no matter the results!

My heart is so full of joy this evening. We are going home! My little girl is coming to America and will soon see her home, yard, room, church and family.

There is one less orphan in the world. Camila is an orphan no more. She is my daughter, and I cannot put into words how excited I am to watch God's plan unfold in her life.

I can't say it enough! God still directs, SPEAKS, and leads His children, if we'll only listen. There is no adventure like allowing the Holy Spirit of God to direct your life. There is no greater joy. There is no greater reward. Thank you, Abba Daddy, for sending us to Peru for this precious little girl. It's a miracle I'll never get over.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Penny said...

Hallelujah!!! :) During Bible study last night, I commented that I can only imagine the testimony that Camila will share one day. I remember waiting through all those years of mutism, believing and trusting in God's deliverance, almost breathlessly at times~ for Shelbi's testimony. It was worth the wait~ and the battle. Camila's "deliverance" shows how great our God is and how much He loves ALL of His children~ especially "the least of these." He'll go to any measure and remove any mountain to rescue one little lamb. These valleys build not only our faith, but also our testimony~ so we can then go tell it on the mountain! :)
I'm really glad Danny's going to be with you on the flight~ and be with your daughter as she comes HOME!!! :)

Amber said...

God is faithful! I'll be glad when y'all are home here in the US. <3

Katmize said...

I love it! You can now say "I have a daughter ". How precious! God has blessed all of you but I truly feel like God has blessed her with so much in all of you. We do serve an awesome and power God, but He is compassionate and loving. I'm so thankful for all He does. I don't appreciate Him nearly as I should. He has blessed us all. I so look forward to meeting her. Reading your posts daily, I have gotten excited, frustrated, and impatient for y'all to be thru with all the red tape. But God has blessed and I'm excited!
She's beautiful! Such a precious smile and I agree with Penny. Her testimony will be great. It'll be a treasure to watch her grow and develop as a true member of your family. Tonight's blog has moved me to tears....
Precious precious precious! ;D May God richly bless y'all! Love ya Calley and praying for a safe return!!