Thursday, May 31, 2012
Filling in the Gap
I have been taking a few days between blogging, as I have found myself in a sort of first trimester fog lately. I have mainly just felt very sleepy and had the normal nausea waves that come and go. Some days they come more than they go, and other days I just have been dealing with the sleepiness. The good news is, I normally am only icky feeling for the first 12 weeks or so, and then I get back to feeling good after that. I'm praying that's the case with this pregnancy as well.
Danny has been Mr. Johnny-on-the-Spot, filling in the gap when I feel like Mrs. Icky-For-a-Bit. He'll milk for me if I'm feeling nauseous. He'll do the dishes, put up clothes, and take care of any duty while I wait on the yucky feeling to pass. He's just super.
Wednesday my mom and I drove to New Orleans for Camila's appointment with the pediatric neurologist. The only problem was, when we arrived I was told the appointment had been the day before, and we had missed it. My jaw hit the floor. I was sure there was some mix up. I had spoken to the office twice, but I'm not sure that the appointment date had been confirmed in those conversations. Danny had scheduled the appointment while I was still in Peru and evidently we somehow got our wires crossed. It was officially one of those moments in life (As the nurse explained to me that we had missed the appointment), where I pretty much wanted to stop mid conversation, remove my shoe, and commence to slapping myself in the head with it.
I'm not sure where my brain has been or where the mix up happened- but now we are driving back to New Orleans for a super rushed trip, and rushed trip home tomorrow morning. It's about a three hour drive one way from our home.
Besides feeling a little yucko, everything has been going really well! The boys are thoroughly enjoying summertime swims and running around outside with their cousins all day. Camila is loving swimming as well, along with exploring and playing and learning. She continues to say more and more every day!
I am seriously considering beginning our home school year at the beginning of July. If we did that we would be only a few weeks from being out for the year by the time our new Reedling arrives. I think that would help us immensely in the early weeks of adjusting to life with a newborn little blessing. Plus, our boys have already had about three months off for summer, so they've had a good break. I'm really looking forward to a fun year of school. I believe its going to be good!
Well, here comes one of those waves of sleepiness kicking in now! Buenos Noches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment