Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Good Visit



My awesome friend Denae was willing to ride with Camila and I to New Orleans yesterday for our visit with the pediatric neurologist. I always have a great time visiting with Denae, even if Camila and I were making the same three hour (one way) trek for the second time this week. We stopped and had a good lunch and then made it New Orleans just in time for the appointment.



The doc was great. It's no wonder she is known as the best pediatric neurologist in the country! She sat and talked with me for a little over an hour. She was in no hurry to move on. She wanted every detail of anything we might know about Camila's history, and she looked through her brain scans.

The doctor basically told us that she couldn't see that there was anything wrong with Camila at all, and unless we had reason to believe there was a problem, there was no reason to put her through the trauma of unnecessary testing. She said that it seemed to her that Camila was doing everything any child who had just come to the United States that was adjusting to life, would do.

The doctor has seen and works with many other adopted children, and she watched Camila and interacted with her during the hour we were there. It was very encouraging visit, and I believe a drive well spent. The doctor told us to call her if we need her.

Camila is doing tremendous. She is saying more each day, and is now putting two words together at times. She will repeat words on demand when we ask her to pretty frequently now. She will say 'please' when she wants something, 'bye bye' when we're leaving somewhere, and 'thank you' when she's asked to. She is growing like a weed. She has already moved up one shoe size since we've been home, and gained 4 pounds. I think her hair has probably grown 2 1/2 to 3 inches! It's pretty crazy!

We have been milking, making butter, working around the house and enjoying some down time lately. I'm eagerly awaiting the end of June, which will be the end of the first trimester for me. I'm looking forward to feeling good again!






Please join me in praying for a little something. There is a little project that God has really laid on my heart. I want to be a part of seeing this safe house in Iquitos, Peru for women on the streets (and a future one for children on the streets) built, through our friends who are serving diligently there. There are so many prostitutes and child prostitutes who need a place and a way to break free from the life they have found themselves chained up in. Jesus alone can bring the victory and the healing! The seed that the Lord has planted in my heart involves something totally outside of myself. It really has nothing to do with fundraising, but more to do with my time and a miracle. I wish I could say more at this point, but I don't feel I can. Please join me in praying that God will open my eyes to exactly how I'm supposed to go about these things.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Beauty from ashes, chains broken and slaves made free. So beautiful the feet of those who bring good news. Praying with you that God will make a way for the desires of your heart.