Monday, May 21, 2012

The Good Stuff

This morning we finally made it to visit my grandparents. We call them Meme and Papa. Camila had an awesome time there. Here my Papa (Camila's great grandpa) is giving her a ride around the living room.





Camila also buddied up with Uncle Jack, and she was very impressed with his walker. She seemed to wonder why she can't have a cool push around toy that also doubles as monkey bars.







Isaac had a ball game tonight. He has one more and then we are through for the season. He didn't get to play in very many games because we were gone to Peru at the beginning of the season.

(a lovely- through the fence shot)




Amaus, who in years past was a bit of a handful in the ball park bleachers (AKA-the kid who was never happy there) has become a regular ol' ballpark kid. He hangs out and is content to eat his popcorn with a smile. Before long he'll probably be socializing and throwing mud clods with the other ball park kids at the dirt pile. Sigh. Makes my heart do two-fourty-six. ;)



I am thinking Amaus is using his glasses as a handy finger-scribble, dry erase board. You know, smear on a design and then smear it away. At least that's the only theory I can come up with. It's sort of like I used to do on the school bus windows. If that's not what's going on he must be blowing his nose on them, because these things reside in a constant state of "ewww". So if you ever think his glasses have a slightly foggy, gummy haze to them...it's because they do. It magically appears as soon as it's cleared away.


Mysterious smears. Where do they actually come from?
The world may never know.


I have been feeling very good for being about 7 1/2 to 8 weeks pregnant. I typically am pretty sick in the first trimester. Thankfully, I've just had that 'foggy/ blah headed" feeling and not so much nausea. I've been very tired in the afternoons. Praise God, the kids have kept up their normal napping routine which has allowed me a little rest. Josiah doesn't nap anymore, but he is at least partially content to play a game or read for a bit and let me chill out.

I'll be going to an obstetrician in two weeks for one visit, and then I'll continue the rest of my prenatals with my midwife. I'm really looking forward to the nine months ahead enjoying what God has already done in our family in recent months, and in expectancy of the miracles on the way!

Next week we will be taking Camila to New Orleans to see a neurologist where she we will be evaluated. She will be redoing the testing she had done before, and probably plus some. We will have to travel back to New Orleans at a later date, I'm sure. Thankfully, my mom will be coming to stay with us all next week. She will be traveling with me to New Orleans. I'm pumped about having her here all week!

We are very happy with all that's going on and all that the Lord is doing. We are rejoicing in the goodness of the Lord!

Psalm 95:6-7
Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our God our Maker.
For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand.


**Friends, please join me in praying for three of my friends. One of them, Becky and her family, will soon be traveling to Peru to complete the adoption of their son Ezekiel. My other friend, Paige, and her husband have been waiting a very, very long time to hear from Peru about their request to adopt two children. Please join me in praying that they will hear soon, and that these two kids can quickly be placed in their family and brought home!! And also, I have one dear friend, Debbie and her family, who are waiting on dossier approval so they can request a child. Thanks so much!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Thanks you for the shout out, dear friend. So excited about all God is doing in and with your family. :)