We were home from Peru for about a week when I realized something wasn't right. Sure enough, I took a pregnancy test exactly one week from being home and discovered that a new Reedling seedling was on the way.
The timing of this is actually pretty miraculous. We unofficially submitted the size of our family to God about 6 months ago, and officially about 4 months ago. I know that's an out there thought to most...and I don't necessarily choose to harp on the subject. But I don't doubt that the God of the universe who holds the sun at the perfect distance from the earth and keeps everything in orbit, has life and the growth of a family completely in control, without human help. All throughout scripture, and all throughout time, God has proven that human life is His most special creation. It doesn't come about by happen-chance. If it happens, He ordained it. The Word of God confirms this over and over. No doubt- it is a scarcely accepted thought that God doesn't need man's help with this one aspect of living. It seems absurd that God would call His people to surrender everything in life to Him, yet ask them to maintain control of this one thing. Is it because we as humans might accidentally "create" life outside of God's will? It's a pretty hilarious thought, actually. Satan is not the one who brings forth life. God is, and I guess I'm becoming just 'crazy' enough to believe that He knows exactly when it's time for that life to come forth.
Truth be told, had I gotten pregnant even one month sooner, our adoption would have been ended. Some people might call it irresponsible or irrational to not prevent pregnancy when going through the adoption process. We battled this, until about the last four months. God gave us a revelation that HE was the one in control of this adoption. He had confirmed and spoken His will to us a thousand different ways. We began to sense questions of conviction by the Holy Spirit.
"Do you really trust Me? You know I'm the One leading your life, and I'm the one leading this adoption. Do you not think I'm also the One who is powerful enough to bring forth life at the right time? Or will I contradict Myself and stop My own will in your life?"
In all manner of scientific speaking, it seems that I should have been pregnant months back. It didn't happen though, because God is big enough to back His plan. He didn't have to prove that to us, but He did.
Of course, one week after arriving home- that was His perfect time.
Was I shocked? Absolutely. Was I happy and excited? Undoubtedly. I'm not wasting my brain time on the hows.
I'm trusting the One who is able to bring His people forward with victory.
The kids are all excited. Josiah cried tears of joy when he found out. It was the sweetest thing ever. He was so, so happy. He kept hugging me and then started laughing. He said, "We just got one baby, and now we're going to have another one!!"
Yes, son. Yes we are.
Here are some more pics taken by Denae Hula Photography. Denae is my good friend, and if you live in the central Louisiana area and are looking for a photographer, she can do some amazing family photos, portraits, weddings...you name it!









4 comments:
Beautiful family Calley!! Love you so much.
Aunt juju
Y'all are so precious to me. Just precious! Time to change your blog header picture...I think you have the perfect one now ;) Love y'all!
Congratulations!! Your family is absolutely lovely!
Congratulations~ again!!! You already know that I'm excited! :) The pictures are all awesome~ Denae did a great job! That last one of you is gorgeous~ no surprise there, though. :)
Post a Comment