
We have been conquering some projects around the Reed house lately. It feels great! Saturday Danny moved some shelves for me so I could move my canned stuff out of the pantry where it was taking up way too much room. I painted baby Reed's room, and I'm so excited about putting his nursery together. I had planned to go with a very vintage, all white room, but as I was painting, an idea came to me. It is going to be so cute! (And cost next to nothing!) I'm not going to spoil it already, but I'll be posting pictures soon!
Also on Saturday, I followed some Pinterest instructions and prepared what is supposed to be 34 meals in one day. You actually freeze ingredients and most of the stuff will cook after it's thawed in the crockpot or freezer. Day one was a hit. Chicken Enchilada soup was awesome!

The kids are doing swell. This upcoming weekend our social worker will come for a visit. It is our first post placement visit. These visits, which we have to complete every six months for four years, are something we agreed to do when we decided to adopt from Peru. They are merely a way for Peru to see how the children they are placing in families are doing. So Saturday morning our social worker will come to check on Camila and see how she is progressing. She will write up a report and send it to our agency, who will then send it to Peru.
Camila has been doing wonderful. She loves to play pretend, and it is amazing to see how far she's come, even in playing with things and interacting with people.


Dora is getting ready for a party!

Camila leaves her toy cat beside our cat's food and water bowl. I mean, a cat's got to eat!
After our post placement visit Saturday, Danny and I are taking off for our first day away in about 9 months. We've been able to go out to eat, just the two of us, twice since being home from Peru. While that was nice, it was just for about an hour or a little more. I am beyond excited about us having several hours to take off together.

Here is Amaus in his genuine Puss in Boots, boots. He LOVES them. And he wears them with everything, everywhere we go. (The laundry in the background is just lovely, isn't it?)
I have been busy starting a new project...I'll post more details soon. It's something I'm very excited about, but it means a good bit of work for a couple of months. Post to come on that soon!
Several people have asked me about the book. I have a couple of people helping me find errors and assisting me in a final edit. I have been reading the Christian Writer's Market Guide, and searching for possible publishers who are looking for books in the same genre as mine. Please join me in praying for success in finding the right publisher, and in getting query letters, proposals and manuscripts polished to perfection in a speedy fashion.
Fall is here, and I couldn't be more happy! Josiah, Isaac and Amaus run and play outside in every spare moment, and they're as thrilled as I've been to welcome cooler temps. Can't wait for all of the festive holidays ahead!
2 comments:
I LOVE Freezer cooking! Although I have never conquered 34 meals at once!It is SUCH a timesaver! The toy cat by the bowl is hilarious!
I like Camila already. ;-) Even despite the age gap, she reminds me of Ireland.
Post a Comment