Last night, we put up two trees. Other than that, I will still decorate the top of my kitchen cabinets and my mantel. We had enchiladas and hot cocoa as dessert, and decorated the trees with praise music ringing in the background. Good times.
Amaus was delighted to dig out a box of nutcrackers, and picked one to sit and play pretend with. He called it his "Nutty man." As we decorated our candy tree, Amaus struggled with the fact that all of the candy was fake (Although he's been helping with this tree of fake goodies for as long as he can remember). He kept assuring me that he really likes "paint candy" and he thinks it tastes good. Ha! That boy!


Camila loved decorating the candy tree. She kept saying, "Ohhhhhhh!!! Ahhhhh!!"

Decorating for Christmas is always way more fun with the help of a storm trooper.

We have added to the candy tree each year for about 6 years by buying candy, cake, and cupcake ornaments after Christmas when everything is marked down. It has been a very cost savvy way to slowly build a full, themed tree. I can honestly say that there is no reason to do that anymore. This thing doesn't have a branch left to hang anything on. That's alright with me, though! I <3 a crowded, gaudy Christmas tree!


Josiah started out the night making creatures with yarn and other trash he was finding around the house...but he joined in decorating the candy tree shortly after, and he ended up being the one who stuck out the project with me until the end!
The "birds of a feather" tree...it's full of peacock feathers, owls, doves and dried hydrangeas.



Obviously, I'm pumped about Christmas! I'm so excited to finally share all of our Christmas traditions with Camila. I know she's going to have a blast, along with the rest of us. Driving around looking at lights, baking Christmas goodies, making and delivering cinnamon rolls to friends, building a candy village, singing carols and enjoying the Christmas story on Christmas Eve... this is my favorite time of year. Christ the Savior is born!
2 comments:
Your "Storm Trooper" picture is a CLASSIC! Love your trees. Mine will be up soon!
Looks very pretty! Not sure when or how much I am putting up this year.
Post a Comment