Monday, November 5, 2012
Take This Child
The final edit of the book I've been working on for around eight months is complete. All 51,939 words and 17 chapters of it. It's called, Take This Child, and it is my hope that God will use this project to remind the church that He still leads and directs the lives of His people in miraculous ways, if they'll only trust Him. I desire this to be published, if the Lord so chooses, because there is a real need for a women's and children's home in Iquitos, Peru. I desperately want to be able to raise awareness and help financially with that project!
Maybe writing books is like childbirth. It's bad to ask someone right after they've completed either if they ever want to do it again. Ha! I'm thrilled to have that part behind me, but another large task is ahead in seeing the book published. Yes! Finding a publisher! :)
There are very few Christian publishers who are:
a) interested in memoirs from first time authors
b) interested in non-fiction authors who do not already have a platform in place to ensure the marketability of their book
c) receive unsolicited queries, proposals, or manuscripts (These manuscripts must be represented by a literary agent.)
I have sent an e-query to the few publishers who do not limit me by one of the above. I am not against using a literary agent and I've emailed one of them as well.
Please join me in praying for direction and that this manuscript will land in the right hands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the title! Praying it is published. :)
Post a Comment