Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Here and There

Sunday we went to our town's annual Christmas parade. The kids bring bags to collect TONS of candy that the people on the floats throw to them.
































*Some* of the loot.
It seems I can never get pics of Josiah and Isaac anymore unless I catch them totally off guard. Posed pictures are out of the question.




Josiah is making something here, as usual.




Last night my dad and step mom babysat the kidlets so Danny and I could go to his office Christmas party. They had a great time. Camila helped make biscuits!


I'm really beginning to blow-up now. The other day, Isaac told me I looked like a fat possum. I'm trying not to take that too personal. Haha! 35 1/2 weeks pregnant and counting. Next week I'll have my 36 week home visit with my midwife, and she will come here to our house where we'll be able to go over all of the details of the upcoming birth, etc. I can't believe we're this close!




I had to take a picture of this. These are the vitamins and herbs I am taking every day. I hate taking pills, so this is nutso! I'm taking a great prenatal, which is three large horse pills a day. I'm taking red raspberry leaf, which is a natural uterine toner and excellent to take in pregnancy as a prep for labor. Then there's vitamin C, which makes a very strong bag of waters or amniotic sack, which helps prevent premature rupture of membranes. Some women who diligently take/eat vitamin C never have their water break, and their baby can be born still in the caul, or sack of waters. So cool! The other three pills are alfalfa, because I was getting a little low on iron and it also is abundant in vitamin K, which helps the blood to clot (amongst many other beneficial things). I'm full after drinking the three glasses of water that are necessary to swallow all of these pills. That's why I call it my pill meal. :/
I ended up washing all of the baby boy clothes I have. When I pulled many of them out of the bag, though, I found that they had yellowed and looked yucky due to old spit up stains. I searched on Pinterest, and what do ya know? There is a trick for removing all of those old nasty stains! I'm proud to say that this worked, even on some outfits that had nearly nine year old spit- up stains. That's pretty impressive! This is also supposed to work on any yellow stains, like armpit stains, etc.
You make a paste with baking soda and peroxide. Then you squirt a little dawn on the yellow area. Spoon a little of your mixed paste on top of that and scrub it in with a brush. Let that sit for an hour or so, and wash as usual. I rinsed with vinegar to remove any remaining buildup...and WALLAH!
No mas amarillo!
The yellow on this jumper below is from dawn, not spit up, BTW. Lol








This is one outfit that was Josiah's when he was a baby. He's nearly nine. The top was completely yellowed, and now it is a crisp white again! I loved this precious sailor suit, so I'm thrilled!

3 comments:

Serenyd said...

Cool trick! I've had this same problem before, and I soaked them in oxyclean, but that stuff is hard on babies skin and hard to wash out of the clothes afterwards. And it will bleach the color out of some things.

Paige said...

For a boy, calling his momma a fat possum might be about as close to a complement as you will get.....once when my hair was shorter and layered my guys told me I looked like Frodo Baggins. Sigh...they meant it as a complement....sigh.

Amber said...

You know Lincoln was born in the caul, right? Thanks to good ole ester c with bioflavonoids. ;)