Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Sickies


On New Years Eve, Amaus began running fever. Now, here we are on our sixth day of fever and being housebound. We've taken two trips to the doctor and apparently Amaus has had the flu and it is just taking him a bit longer to get over it. Thankfully, no one else has shown any sign of sickness and I'm praying that no one does.

So...I've been disinfecting the house over and over again. Washing blankets and comforters, mopping, vacuuming, shampooing carpet, dusting, wiping handles and door knobs and light switches, scrubbing tubs and toilets, over and over and over...

Sadly, that is all I have had to do over the last week. I'm out of things to do to pass the time as we wait for baby Reed to arrive. The things I wanted to have accomplished are done. I'm 40 weeks pregnant now. I had intended on getting out of the house a good bit to visit family and take the kids out and about the last week or so before the baby comes, but the sickies have disrupted those plans.

So I've been disinfecting, and cleaning, and disinfecting. And also doing a little of this:



And a little of this...



I have been able to step out a few times and walk laps at the mall. That's been a nice break and gives me the chance to get some fresh-ish mall air. It's been raining and cold so an outside walk hasn't been possible this week. Our mall is very small, and it takes four laps around the mall to make a mile. By the time this baby comes, I'm going to be able to pass by Merle Norman and Nails Plus and greet the workers on a first name basis. Just one of those perks of being an over-due, mall walking, small town citizen. :)

This morning I decided to look for some sort of project on Pinterest. I ended up deciding to try transforming a couple of Danny's baggy button-up shirts into some cute, loose fitting, after-baby, nursing friendly shirts. We'll see how that project turns out. If I do not have a baby in the next day or two...maybe I'll take some pictures of the final product!

Please join me in praying that Amaus gets well, and that no one else in our home catches the dreaded sickies. We just don't need this with a baby coming any day now. Thanks so much!

So what sort of fun things do you guys do when you're stuck inside and trying to avoid going stir-crazy? I'm up for some good ideas! :D

No comments: