Over the last few days a routine is starting to develop! I haven't been pushing it for that to happen, what with crazy nights and all of the adjustments going on.

Miraculously, everything has gotten done that was truly important each day, and unlike my normal self, I have been able to let go of what hasn't gotten done without too much fretting. But over the last few days, we are starting to fall into a normal groove and an actual "loose schedule" is developing! It feels great!

The kids got started on the computer program we had planned for them to use as a little practice work, since they're through with their official schooling until next August. It's turning out to be very good for the kids! They are learning and reviewing, and it's going well!

Camila has been working on learning her shapes and colors and gotten to be a pro at sorting things by color. She now points out a couple of shapes she recognizes when she sees them in our everyday routine. This weekend we will be having our one year post placement visit with our social worker. These reports are sent to Peru. It was something we had to agree to before adopting. It is a way for Peru to follow the kids who are adopted and watch their progress. I'm excited for for our social worker, an incredible lady, to see Camila's progress over the last 6 months!
Something God laid on my heart this week was for me to be diligent about having play time with each of our children everyday. We have lots of time together as a group, and as I work with the kids on day in day out tasks, but having individual play-time with each child is so important, and something I have to be deliberate about. It's more important than the laundry, dishes, and other housework. There's something very liberating about stopping and just being goofy and having some FUN!
We are all excited about a beach trip we have planned for our family in mid-May. For the first time ever, we will be going to the beach for one whole week together! We've taken beach trips most summers since we live only about 5 hours away, but normally they're only for extended weekends. Our kids are PUMPED and so are we! We had originally planned to take a road trip out west this summer, and it's not totally marked off the list yet, but we're toying with the idea of taking some camping trips for extended weekends throughout the year instead. The plus would be, Danny wouldn't be using all of his vacation days in one hit. It would be a way for us to have some getaways scattered throughout the year. We'll see what happens.
I was blessed by my dear hubbs with...

a new camera for Valentine's Day!! Excited is an understatement of how happy I am after one year without anything more than my phone camera. I'm thrilled! I would have some good pics in this post, but I've misplaced my card reader for the iPad. :/ Hopefully I will locate it soon! Either that, or I'll be buying a new one! Oops.
Valentine's morning surprises:




And the sweet valentines Josiah got for Danny and I with his own money:

(Had two hearts inside with chocolates!)
5 comments:
He was sooooo excited to fix that up for you guys!
Love that it's flowing we'll already. :) That was sweet of Josiah! I like the thought of spreading out your summer vacation trips. It's been a huge adjustment with Larry going from seven weeks a year to only one. Any time over five days is unpaid. And with two grands coming in six weeks....well we're just going to have to sock some extra money away. :)
Six weeks apart... Not in six weeks. Lol
Hooray for routine! I know how great it feels to get back into one of those. :) I'm so happy that all is well and y'all are thriving.
One area I have definitely been slacking on with my kids is one-on-one time! It is not so easy, it never just happens... you are very right that we have to be deliberate about it!!! Thanks for the reminder and it's awesome that everyone is adjusting so well! :)
Post a Comment