Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Oldies are Goodies


We don't have cable or satellite at our house, so any shows we catch are movies or are found online. This saves us a lot of trouble in cutting junky shows and keeping the trash out of our house.
Danny grew up watching old tv shows that I had never seen. Shows like, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, and Green Acres. I seriously never watched any of those growing up, so they all seem new to me! I watched Full House, Step by Step, and Family Matters, though...whatever came on the four non-cable stations. :)




(I took these wonderful, quality photos with the iPad. Haha!)
We were given the first season of the Waltons a few years ago for Christmas and each episode has been watched over and over again. Man, do I love that show! :)) I'm thinking of getting the Brady Bunch next.
What's amazing is, our kids LOVE these shows. I mean love them. They ask frequently if they can watch an episode of The Waltons. When they want a family movie night, they are delighted if we can watch a couple of episodes of The Cosbys. That gives my heart joy (and makes me giggle a little). They are just figuring out that they are watching shows with 20-30 year old humor, and they enjoy them no less.




My kids rock. I'm not partial or anything, of course. ;)

1 comment:

Penny said...

Love all of those shows. Good, clean values....can't beat that! :)