Monday, April 1, 2013

Saturday Fun

What do you do when you wake up and your husband greets you with the camera first thing in the morning?! Before coffee, before anything. Besides a good talking to, ha, you give the rocker's salute. What else?!




A little later, our family had a blast at the funnest superhero birthday party we've ever attended. It's the only superhero birthday party we've ever attended. No matter! It was still a ton of fun. It was my sweet nephew Israel's first birthday!




This is sweet Israel:




All of the kids came in capes and costumes. Throughout the party, there was talk of a candy bandit on the loose, and that all the heroes should be on guard!
Salem enjoyed being the hero of aunts and a great-grandma.




He enjoyed it a whole lot...




The superheroes had to go through a hero boot camp, complete with a tire push, balance beam, "wall of death," and several other important training tools like hula-hoops and bouncy balls.




























































The above zealous character is not the Candy Bandit, in case you're wondering. It is my amazing Deddy (not daddy).








Then the heroes had to gather "cryptonite balls" (easter eggs) full of energy (candy) out in a field.








Wouldn't you know, that's right when the terrible villain, alias: CANDY BANDIT, showed up to cause trouble.








These super heroes were all over his case like white on rice. A hero's work is just never done.
What a surprise when Candy Bandit was unmasked by the courageous heroes! Candy Bandit was the father of the birthday boy! *sigh...Some people will do ANYTHING for candy.




The superheroes surely saved Israel's birthday party.
I made his hero cake. The cake was so heavy that the bottom layer resembled a pancake at party time.




I'm a complete cake making amateur. I pick up an icing tip, and exclaim, "This would probably make something cool! Let's see what!" And dive right into what, at times turns out pretty interesting. I've had this same life-long issue with being an amateur hair dresser. By amateur, I mean I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I grab the scissors and some dye and give it a go anyway.
For the above reasons, I don't typically practice my cake-making or hair dressing skills on anyone but myself, and my poor children. I used to try the hair dressing bit on Danny until that one fateful day when Danny's haircut turned out looking as though he had the mange. I couldn't stop laughing while cutting his hair, which added to his frustration and my subsequent, ahem, entirely self-made decision to retire from being his personal hair stylist.
ANYWAY, my sister, the one we affectionately call Grubby, wanted me to make Israel's birthday cake. Thank the Lord she didn't mind the fact that my hero symbols were half-way smashed once party time began.
Speaking of my sis, here she is with her sweet one year old.




More party fun:








Salem, dreaming of participating in his own hero boot camp.




"My hero! Ahhh."
More Saturday fun:








My new blog header. Except, I've got to work on some settings to get it to fit.




This is Amaus', "I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER PICTURE, MAAAAMA," face.




He insisted on having the toilet paper roll in his pictures. When I told him no...




"But it's my very special Larry boy rocketanator!" (Or something like that.)
Let's just say someone was a tad grumpy Saturday. :)




He got over it soon enough.




"If I can't have my super paper rocket, mama, can I pick my nose?"








The many faces of Isaac.








"I'm surrounded by idiots."




"Well, I guess they're alright. "








"You want me to STOP and smile?! Hahahaha."








"Now close your eyes, and count to ten! Then the camera will DISAPPEAR! ONE, TWO..."




"That didn't work. Ha. Hmmmm."
(It's hard to believe Camila and Amaus are only 2 months apart in age! )
Great weekend! More pics to come later!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Looks like fun! And the cake looks fine. One that size from a bakery would cost a small fortune. :)