Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Toddler/Child Ballpark Kits!

Each spring, when one or a couple of our children sign up for baseball, it seems I'm faced with the same dilemma. I always have one or two toddler aged siblings (and older) who aren't quite as thrilled as Daddy and Mama about being at the ballpark several nights a week. I've tried different things to keep them occupied, but it seems my ideas haven't been helpful for long.
After our first game, while Danny and I were having difficulty watching the game because of a few younger cranky siblings, I started thinking on what we could do to help the kids have more fun while we have to sit for a while.
I decided to make ballpark kits!
In the kit, which I plan to bring to every game, I'm including a bag of popcorn, or something like it, a drink, a book that's only for ballpark fun (I'm buying some cheap books from the dollar store for a fun rotation), and play-doh. Play-doh is perfect for the ballpark. Who cares if it gets all over the ground? Finally, a use for this stuff that doesn't involve ruining the carpet! I might rotate the play-doh with slime and moon-sand, other similar substances that I previously wondered why were ever created. Now I know! For the ballpark!!




Getting ballpark kits ready! I mixed popcorn and cereal, which seemed like a special treat to the kids. It also can create more fun during ball games.
"How many blue pieces can you find? Yellow?"




Heading into the park, with ready made ballpark kits!








These things were a huge hit!




Daddy and Mama got to watch the game, and there was book-looking, popcorn-eating, and snake and animal-making fun happening all the while.
Ballpark kit success. Hooray.

1 comment:

Penny said...

You are the smartest mom ever! Necessity is the mother of invention. :)